You are able to work from home because these guys aren't
- Over 2 million IT employees in India have been given the
work from homemandate, and almost every other company followed suit.
- But for the comfort of working from home, people depend on online food, grocery deliveries.
- Here are the people you need to thank for continuing to work, while you rest at home.
AdvertisementThe scare for the
As people fear venturing out, they are relying on online deliveries to get through with the day. So even when you stay at home, there’s a steady workforce which continues to work relentlessly.
So, here are the people you should be grateful to today.
If you run out of cigarettes, need an urgent medicine or just simply want to order in, there are multiple apps that will help you out. Food delivery apps like Zomato, Swiggy, to grocery apps like Dunzo, Bigbasket, Grofers to e-commerce platforms like Flipkart, Amazon, have their agents running on ground to deliver products. In fact, grocery apps like Bigbasket and Grofers saw a hike in the number of orders per day. All these companies helped their delivery guys with masks and sanitizers to keep them safe.
So, while you get things delivered at your doorstep, thank those who are making sure you get what you need.
Work from home means you have that gnawing need to keep munching on something. So you turn to ordering food online, but you are only able to do so because restaurants continue to run even though dine in numbers have reduced.
If you are feeling sick or need pads, or even condoms, medicine shops continue to run through day and night to service people. In fact, medicine shops saw high demand for sanitizers and masks when the outbreak began.
While you work at the ease of home and also believe the rumours that outside food should be avoided right now, you continue to rely on your house help and hope to God that they show up every day. So, the next time you pile them up with a task list, remember to be a little more considerate.
Yes, you have got your Whatsapp forwards and apps for news consumption, but a majority of Indian households continue to rely on newspapers every morning. While people are being asked to work from home, the newspaper vendors venture out every morning dropping newspapers at homes.
In Noida’s societies, there has been a blanket ban on visitors entering the complexes. If you are sitting at home in one of those societies, sipping chai and thanking God that you are home, do spare a thought for security guards at the gate who are ensuring the society doesn’t get crowded with unneeded people.
coronavirus: Latest News, Articles on coronavirus | Business Insider India
Popular on BI
- Temperature's Toll: Hospitals see a surge in drug and alcohol abuse-related visits on hotter nights, study reveals
- Passive flows account for 42% of foreign capital flows in 2023
- Explained: How Covid-19 heightens risk of heart attack, stroke
- Pankaj Tripathi starrer Fukrey 3 gets a flying start at the box office
- Monthly orders via WhatsApp on JioMart see 7X growth in a year