COVID-19: 54 new cases in Thane district, count now 240
Among those who tested positive for novel coronavirusare 16 men associated with a state minister, as well as policepersonnel and journalists, said district officials.
The figures include 31 in Thane city limits, municipalcorporation spokesperson Sandeep Malavi told ."The COVID-19 cases in Thane municipal limits nowstand at 76. After some journalists tested positive, the pressroom in TMC building has been sealed," he added.Advertisement
Earlier in the day, Maharashtra Housing MinisterJitendra Awhad, who is an MLA from the district, announced hewas getting himself quarantined as "a police official who usedto travel with me has tested positive for the infection".
The break-up of cases in the district is TMC,76,KDMC-55, NMMC-50, Ambernath three, Badlapur four, MBMC-47,Thane Rural three and UMC and Bhiwandi one each, saidofficials.The number of cases in neighbouring Palghar districtat present is 42, the maximum of which were in Vasai VirarMunicipal Corporation. CORBNM BNM
- RBI postpones Monetary Policy meeting — new dates to be announced soon
- Samsung grants scholarships to 517 IIT, NIT students in India
- India's COVID-19 recovery is outpacing active cases by more than five times
- SBI warns customers to beware of WhatsApp calls and scam messages
- UPSC postponement plea: Impossible to defer exams, UPSC tells SC – next hearing on September 30