COVID-19: 54 new cases in Thane district, count now 240
Among those who tested positive for novel coronavirusare 16 men associated with a state minister, as well as policepersonnel and journalists, said district officials.
The figures include 31 in Thane city limits, municipalcorporation spokesperson Sandeep Malavi told ."The COVID-19 cases in Thane municipal limits nowstand at 76. After some journalists tested positive, the pressroom in TMC building has been sealed," he added.
The break-up of cases in the district is TMC,76,KDMC-55, NMMC-50, Ambernath three, Badlapur four, MBMC-47,Thane Rural three and UMC and Bhiwandi one each, saidofficials.The number of cases in neighbouring Palghar districtat present is 42, the maximum of which were in Vasai VirarMunicipal Corporation. CORBNM BNM
- Notified new policy on rare diseases, approved budget of Rs 25 crore for treatment: Centre to HC
- Former PM Manmohan Singh admitted to AIIMS after testing positive for COVID-19
- If you are 18 years or older, you can get a COVID-19 vaccine from May 1
- India is promoting a new internet protocol— the government is offering help for websites to migrate
- SaaS unicorn Druva, which manages data for NASA, Pfizer, and GameStop, raises $147 million; valuation crosses $2 billion