COVID-19: Buildings in slums of north Mumbai to be sealed
During a visit to north Mumbai on Friday, the city top cop attributed the spread of coronavirus infection to the high population density here.
North Mumbai, which includes Dahisar, Borivali, Malad, Charkop and Kandivali areas, has seen a sharp rise in cases in the last 15 days.Singh took stock of the COVID-19 count and precautionary measures taken by the police and Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation to contain the viral spread.
The city currently has 750 containment zones, of which 300 are located in north Mumbai alone, Singh said.Apart from this, the police have identified 27 hotspots and a strict lockdown has been enforced in these areas, he said.
People should follow social distancing norms to break the chain of the spread and should wear masks, use sanitisers if they step out of their homes for any urgent work, Singh said.According to the BMC's data, Mumbai has so far recorded 72,287 COVID-19 cases, while the toll stood at 4,177. DC ARU ARU
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- Can pregnant women take COVID-19 vaccines? Health authorities are divided due to the lack of trials data
- A creator's guide to a successful journey in 2021
- Mukesh Ambani's Reliance Jio is the fifth strongest brand globally, as per Brand Finance Global rankings
- Apple aims to end its dependence on China, to start assembling iPhone 12 in India from this quarter
- Samsung beats Apple to secure the top spot in global smartphone market in 2020, says new report