COVID-19: Man in home quarantine found dead in Assam
The man was under home isolation in the lodge since June 19 after he had completed the mandatory seven-day institutional quarantine at a facility in Chagalia in Dhubri district following his entry to Assam from neighbouring West Bengal, they said.
View all Offers
Qube By Fort Collins Women's Sweatshirt₹ 469₹ 1045Buy On
VERO MODA Women Typography Brown Sweatshirt (1097136001_Auburn_XS)₹ 809₹ 1999Buy On
Van Heusen Sport Men Sweatshirt₹ 629₹ 1299Buy On
VERO MODA Women's Cotton Sweatshirt (216432101_Celery_Small)₹ 679₹ 1799Buy On
Cotton colors Women Hooded Sweatshirt₹ 489₹ 1699Buy On
In Assam, people who are unable to undergo home quarantine in their residences can stay at designated lodges and hotels and complete their isolation period.
The deceased's swab samples collected at the Chagalia quarantine centre on June 14 had tested negative for COVID-19, Dhubri Circle Officer, Joy Shankar Sharma, said.
The man was a goldsmith by profession and his wife and two children reside in West Bengal. His other relatives stay in Dhubri town, a police officer said.His body has been sent to the Dhubri Civil Hospital for post-mortem examination and an investigation into the case is underway, he said. ESB ACD ACD
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- WhatsApp won’t work on these phones from November 1: Check the full list
- Shiba Inu hits another all-time-high — now more valuable than Adani Enterprises, Tata Steel and Tech Mahindra
- Shiba Inu is not only bigger than Dogecoin — it’s now bigger than XRP, Polkadot and USD Coin as the seventh-biggest player in the market
- Best budget external hard disk drives under ₹4,000 in India
- IRCTC will lose a chunk of its revenue to the Indian government starting next month
- EaseMyTrip makes its first acquisition in 13 years to strengthen its hotel offerings
- Portugal''s political fate uncertain after govt budget defeat
- Battlegrounds Mobile India gets Dune-themed rewards in new crossover