COVID-19 positive undertrial accused escapes from hospital in Jind, nabbed later
The undertrial Shiv Kumar was found COVID-19 positive on June 6, Deputy Superintendent of Police Kaptan Singh told .
"He was released on bail two days ago on court orders. Since he was COVID-19 positive, he was admitted in the Jind Civil hospital. On Tuesday evening, heescaped through a window. However, we arrested him late in the night," the DSP said.
CCTV footage showed Kumar escaping wearing a PPE kit.A case under the provisions of the Disaster Management Act and Section 188 IPC (disobedience to order duly promulgated by public servant) has been registered against Kumar, he said. SUN VSD NSD NSD
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- Gold import duty hiked to 15% from 10.75% earlier
- Adding money to your Paytm wallet can’t get easier than this
- Best smartwatches under ₹3,000 in India
- Mukesh Ambani & Anil Agarwal lose ₹1.17 lakh crore in a few hours as government slaps two different oil taxes
- OnePlus Nord 2T launch is around the corner – here’s what you can expect