COVID-19 positive undertrial accused escapes from hospital in Jind, nabbed later
The undertrial Shiv Kumar was found COVID-19 positive on June 6, Deputy Superintendent of Police Kaptan Singh told .
"He was released on bail two days ago on court orders. Since he was COVID-19 positive, he was admitted in the Jind Civil hospital. On Tuesday evening, heescaped through a window. However, we arrested him late in the night," the DSP said.
CCTV footage showed Kumar escaping wearing a PPE kit.A case under the provisions of the Disaster Management Act and Section 188 IPC (disobedience to order duly promulgated by public servant) has been registered against Kumar, he said. SUN VSD NSD NSD
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- Samsung launches Galaxy S23, S23 Plus and S23 Ultra - All you need to know about the new flagship phones
- First Impressions: Samsung Galaxy S23, S23 Plus, and S23 Ultra bet big on photography and gaming
- Gautam Adani takes the high road and calls off Adani Enterprises FPO after a 28% crash in stock price
- Budget Impact: 10 stocks that stand to gain from FM’s announcements
- Budget to boost confidence of global investors and rating agencies on the India story