COVID-19: Rapid antigen tests to begin in Thane city
The Thane Municipal Corporation has placed an order for one lakh rapid antigen test kits, which can give results in 30 minutes, an official said, adding that tests will be conducted on a large-scale in hotspots, slum clusters etc using these kits.
Municipal Commissioner Vipin Sharma said the increase in cases was because of the rise in number of tests, adding that 80 per cent of patients in the city were asymptomatic.During the function held in the TMC headquarters, Shinde also launched 'Mission Zero' campaign to contain the outbreak.
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- Reebok launches a new range of shoes made from eucalyptus, bloom algae and natural rubber before World Earth Day
- Instagram’s new tool will let you choose the words and phrases you want to restrict in your DM requests
- Meet Jaipur Rugs, an organisation that is empowering marginalised women in Rajasthan and exporting its local rugs to 65 countries
- 11 patients die on ventilator beds due to oxygen leak in a hospital in Nashik
- Amazon Fire TV Cube streaming box launched in India at ₹12,999