COVID-19: Rapid antigen tests to begin in Thane city
The Thane Municipal Corporation has placed an order for one lakh rapid antigen test kits, which can give results in 30 minutes, an official said, adding that tests will be conducted on a large-scale in hotspots, slum clusters etc using these kits.
Municipal Commissioner Vipin Sharma said the increase in cases was because of the rise in number of tests, adding that 80 per cent of patients in the city were asymptomatic.
During the function held in the TMC headquarters, Shinde also launched 'Mission Zero' campaign to contain the outbreak.
The campaign will be jointly carried out by TMC, MCHI CREDAI, Indian Jain Association and NGO Desh Apnaye.As part of the campaign, nine mobile dispensaries will make the rounds of nine wards. COR BNM BNM
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- Byju's shareholders vote to remove CEO, family; company calls vote invalid
- Engaging with competent authorities, use only genuine cheese, says McDonald's
- Apple's India revenue up 42% to $8.7 bn in 2023: Morgan Stanley
- Reserve Bank asks NPCI to help continue operations of Paytm app
- Top 10 places to visit in Andhra Pradesh