COVID-19: Six Thai nationals discharged from hospital, shifted to Chennai prison
They were shifted to Puzhal prison in Chennai after beingdischarged from the Perundurai IRT Government Medical CollegeHospital in the district.
All the six were shifted to Puzhal prison on Monday nightwith police security, they said.
The arrest was effected at the hospital days after caseswere registered against them under relevant sections of IPC.
Police personnel were posted outside the isolation wardof the hospital.
The action was taken based on a complaint by localTahsildar lodged with the police.
The Thai Nationals, who possessed tourist visas engagedthemselves in Islamic preaching despite suffering from COVID-19, police said.
In all, a group of seven Thailand nationals came heresome three weeks ago, stayed at Kollampalayam Housing Unitcomplex and engaged themselves in preaching.One among them died due to kidney ailment at a governmenthospital in Coimbatore. The remaining six tested positive forcoronavirus, prompting authorities to launch a massive contacttracing of those who had attended the preaching sessions andothers. CORROH ROH
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- Ashok Gehlot: Magician leaves centre stage in Rajasthan
- Trauma made Abrar an 'Animal': Bobby Deol on his negative role
- Victory of Modi's guarantees, say BJP leaders as party sweeps states states
- Sunil Kanugolu: The poll strategist behind Congress' win in Telangana
- Digvijaya and Kamal Nath are now history, says Ashwini Vaishnaw as BJP attains victory in MP