COVID-19: Six Thai nationals discharged from hospital, shifted to Chennai prison
They were shifted to Puzhal prison in Chennai after beingdischarged from the Perundurai IRT Government Medical CollegeHospital in the district.
All the six were shifted to Puzhal prison on Monday nightwith police security, they said.
The arrest was effected at the hospital days after caseswere registered against them under relevant sections of IPC.
Police personnel were posted outside the isolation wardof the hospital.
The action was taken based on a complaint by localTahsildar lodged with the police.
The Thai Nationals, who possessed tourist visas engagedthemselves in Islamic preaching despite suffering from COVID-19, police said.
In all, a group of seven Thailand nationals came heresome three weeks ago, stayed at Kollampalayam Housing Unitcomplex and engaged themselves in preaching.One among them died due to kidney ailment at a governmenthospital in Coimbatore. The remaining six tested positive forcoronavirus, prompting authorities to launch a massive contacttracing of those who had attended the preaching sessions andothers. CORROH ROH
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- Meet LignoSat, the world’s first wooden satellite that is set to orbit the Earth by 2024!
- Bajaj Chetak Urbane electric scooter with 113 km range to hit the roads starting ₹1.15 lk
- Cyclone 'Michaung' alert in the Tirupati, Nellore, Prakasam, Bapatla, Krishna, West Godavari, Konaseema, and Kakinada of AP Districts
- Gold surges Rs 450 to hit record high of Rs 64,300 per 10 gm
- 7 best places to visit in Amritsar on your next trip