COVID-19 vaccine phase 3: Anxious Indians are complaining of CoWIN and Aarogya Setu registration being delayed
- Hundreds of people stayed up till 12 am on Wednesday as anticipation was high for the registration.
- Even though no official communication can be found, the MyGov newsdesk on the Telegram app sent an update at 6.49 pm on Tuesday evening that the registrations would begin at 4 pm on Wednesday.
- The Indian government had announced that registration for vaccination between 18-45 years old would start through CoWin and Aarogya Setu apps at 12 am on April 28.
The Indian government had announced that registration for vaccination between 18-45 years old would start through the CoWin and Aarogya Setu apps at 12 am on April 28, However, people were disappointed to realise that the registration still hadn’t opened up.
All citizens aged 18+ will be eligible for vaccination under Phase 3 of the world's #LargestVaccineDrive starting M… https://t.co/DvzSA4vqyx— MyGovIndia (@mygovindia) 1619510347000
Even though no official communication can be found, the MyGov newsdesk on the Telegram app sent an update at 6.49 pm on Tuesday evening that the registrations would begin at 4 pm on Wednesday.
The telegram channel which has 2.2 million subscribers, is nowhere near the total population which is eligible for registration now.
Anxious and confused Indians took to Twitter to complain about the delay in registrations.
Neither #Cowin or #AarogyaSetu are accepting #registration for 18+ for the #COVIDVaccination. It say registration o… https://t.co/Jp7sSHjEiA— Prateek Chakraborty (@prateekchakra14) 1619574358000
Many of them mentioned about the start time at 4.00 p.m. why can't the government put that information in the Cowin… https://t.co/K0UI7fwm1L— Vijaykamesh (@Vijaykameshb) 1619568112000
@MoHFW_INDIA @drharshvardhan @PIB_India @PMOIndia @narendramodi The COWIN portal doesn't work for 18+. It's 7:25 a… https://t.co/bSVTK3dId2— Ankush N Nayak (@ankushnayak) 1619575446000
India is in the midst of a gruesome second wave of the COVID-19 pandemic, and with vaccination being a key immuniser to the virus, people have been waiting for the registrations to start. Vaccination is set to begin from May 1, but there will be no walk-ins, only registration through CoWin or Aarogya Setu apps will be allowed.
Stories from India that show endless kindness in the midst of a cruel second wave of COVID-19 pandemic
List of countries helping India with COVID-19 supplies – from liquid oxygen to concentrators and tanks
- Abu Dhabi's IHC exits Adani Green Energy and Adani Transmission
- World Heart Day: What treatments cost across top Indian cities and how to stay covered
- World Heart Day delights: Yoga, exercise, and heart-healthy living
- TCS retains No 1 spot as India’s top brand but tech sector takes a hit
- Brewing capital: Third Wave Coffee raises Series C funding with participation from existing investors