COVID-19 vaccine phase 3: Anxious Indians are complaining of CoWIN and Aarogya Setu registration being delayed
- Hundreds of people stayed up till 12 am on Wednesday as anticipation was high for the registration.
- Even though no official communication can be found, the MyGov newsdesk on the Telegram app sent an update at 6.49 pm on Tuesday evening that the registrations would begin at 4 pm on Wednesday.
- The Indian government had announced that registration for vaccination between 18-45 years old would start through CoWin and Aarogya Setu apps at 12 am on April 28.
View all Offers
Redmi Note 10 (Aqua Green, 4GB RAM, 64GB Storage)₹ 13999₹ 15999Buy On
- 8% OFF
OnePlus 9R 5G (Lake Blue, 8GB RAM, 128GB Storage)₹ 36999₹ 39999Buy On
- 16% OFF
Oppo A16 (Pearl Blue, 4GB RAM, 64GB Storage) with No Cost EMI/Additional Exchange Offers₹ 13490₹ 16990Buy On
- 11% OFF
iQOO 7 Legend 5G (Legendary Track Design, 8GB RAM, 128GB Storage) | 3GB Extended RAM | Upto 12 Months No Cost EMI | 6 Months Free Screen Replacement | Extra Rs.3000 Off on Exchange₹ 39990₹ 44990Buy On
- 17% OFF
Redmi Note 10 Pro Max (Glacial Blue, 6GB RAM, 128GB Storage) -108MP Quad Camera|120Hz Super Amoled Display₹ 18999₹ 24999Buy On
The Indian government had announced that registration for vaccination between 18-45 years old would start through the CoWin and Aarogya Setu apps at 12 am on April 28, However, people were disappointed to realise that the registration still hadn’t opened up.
All citizens aged 18+ will be eligible for vaccination under Phase 3 of the world's #LargestVaccineDrive starting M… https://t.co/DvzSA4vqyx— MyGovIndia (@mygovindia) 1619510347000
The telegram channel which has 2.2 million subscribers, is nowhere near the total population which is eligible for registration now.
Anxious and confused Indians took to Twitter to complain about the delay in registrations.
Neither #Cowin or #AarogyaSetu are accepting #registration for 18+ for the #COVIDVaccination. It say registration o… https://t.co/Jp7sSHjEiA— Prateek Chakraborty (@prateekchakra14) 1619574358000
Many of them mentioned about the start time at 4.00 p.m. why can't the government put that information in the Cowin… https://t.co/K0UI7fwm1L— Vijaykamesh (@Vijaykameshb) 1619568112000
@MoHFW_INDIA @drharshvardhan @PIB_India @PMOIndia @narendramodi The COWIN portal doesn't work for 18+. It's 7:25 a… https://t.co/bSVTK3dId2— Ankush N Nayak (@ankushnayak) 1619575446000
India is in the midst of a gruesome second wave of the COVID-19 pandemic, and with vaccination being a key immuniser to the virus, people have been waiting for the registrations to start. Vaccination is set to begin from May 1, but there will be no walk-ins, only registration through CoWin or Aarogya Setu apps will be allowed.
Stories from India that show endless kindness in the midst of a cruel second wave of COVID-19 pandemic
List of countries helping India with COVID-19 supplies – from liquid oxygen to concentrators and tanks
- Adobe Photoshop to get a 'Prepare as NFT' option soon
- WhatsApp's chat migration feature to transfer messages from iOS to Android is coming to Pixel, Android 12 phones
- Axis Bank, Bajaj Finance, Maruti Suzuki and other hot stocks on October 27 as earnings season gathers momentum
- Nykaa’s IPO to open tomorrow — check last date, listing date and more
- Best plastic stool for home in India