These startups are providing clean air to those gasping for breath
- Delhi’s air quality has once again hit the severe mark after Diwali.
- Here are the
startupsthat are working for clean air in India.
AdvertisementIndia’s national capital Delhi is gasping for air as once again the pollution hits a high. Delhi has been ranked as the most polluted capital in the world and after Diwali, the danger has set in again.
There were multiple steps taken to control it – like banning crackers and stubble fires in Punjab and Haryana to the Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal organising a massive laser light show in central Delhi to offer people a different take on Diwali.
But it’s not just the government working on possible solutions for this problem. There are several startups that are today working for clean air.
Ambee, an environmental intelligence startup gives accurate hyperlocal air quality data to developers, consumers, health researchers and media companies. It is backed by Bollywood actress Aishwarya Rai Bachchan and former Google India head Rajan Anandan. It is also one of the startups to be selected for Google Launchpad Accelerator Program.
Blue Sky Analytics
Another startup that offers real time data is Blue Sky Analytics. The startup uses satellite imagery to monitor air pollution in real time. Along with an app called BreeZo that offers data and creates awareness, they also have a product called Zuri which is a tool to measure and monitor farm fires and stubble burning across India.
Nanoclean is another startup which promises to turn your air conditioner into an air purifier. The startup born out of IIT Delhi was also awarded National Startup Award by former President Pranab Mukherjee for its ₹10 nasofilters to deal with Delhi’s air pollution. They also sell anti-pollution masks.
Kaiterra is a global company which is working on air pollution. It produces hardware products like air quality monitors. The Beijing-based company finds clients in India with corporations and factories that want to monitor the air around them.
AirOk is an IIT Madras incubated startup that offers
Popular on BI
- A 'hole' 30 times Earth's size has spread across the sun, blasting solar winds that'll hit our planet by end of this week
- A former Twitter engineer said they watched colleagues 'drop like flies' from a virtual meeting during Elon Musk's mass layoffs
- Finland is offering free vacations for people to come and learn how to be happy after being named the happiest country in the world
- Scientists create car parts from lemons, corn, almonds and pomegranates that are better than traditional parts
- Cabinet clears dearness allowance hike by 4%
- India records 1,590 fresh COVID-19 cases, highest in 146 days
- Paytm announces launch of its upgraded payments platform powered by 100% indigenous technology — a shining example of ‘Make in India’
- Finance ministry clarifies on hike in STT on options trading