These startups are providing clean air to those gasping for breath
- Delhi’s air quality has once again hit the severe mark after Diwali.
- Here are the
startupsthat are working for clean air in India.
There were multiple steps taken to control it – like banning crackers and stubble fires in Punjab and Haryana to the Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal organising a massive laser light show in central Delhi to offer people a different take on Diwali.
But it’s not just the government working on possible solutions for this problem. There are several startups that are today working for clean air.
Ambee, an environmental intelligence startup gives accurate hyperlocal air quality data to developers, consumers, health researchers and media companies. It is backed by Bollywood actress Aishwarya Rai Bachchan and former Google India head Rajan Anandan. It is also one of the startups to be selected for Google Launchpad Accelerator Program.
Blue Sky Analytics
Another startup that offers real time data is Blue Sky Analytics. The startup uses satellite imagery to monitor air pollution in real time. Along with an app called BreeZo that offers data and creates awareness, they also have a product called Zuri which is a tool to measure and monitor farm fires and stubble burning across India.
Nanoclean is another startup which promises to turn your air conditioner into an air purifier. The startup born out of IIT Delhi was also awarded National Startup Award by former President Pranab Mukherjee for its ₹10 nasofilters to deal with Delhi’s air pollution. They also sell anti-pollution masks.
AdvertisementKaiterra is a global company which is working on air pollution. It produces hardware products like air quality monitors. The Beijing-based company finds clients in India with corporations and factories that want to monitor the air around them.
AirOk is an IIT Madras incubated startup that offers
Popular on BI
- Punjab Chief Minister Amarinder Singh resigns amid ongoing turmoil in Congress
- Future of Work 2021: Work from home is here now, but people demand some physical sense at work
- Deadline for PAN-Aadhaar linkage extended till March 2022
- Here is what the Indian film industry can learn from gig economy firms like Zomato and Urban Company
- Cat lover? Here’s a chance to do your favourite thing for research — watch cat videos