Delhi: COVID-19 positive journalist kills self by jumping off AIIMS building
The journalist worked with a Hindi daily and was a resident of northeast Delhi's Bhajanpura, they said.
The incident took place at around 2 pm and the man was rushed to the hospital's ICU where doctors tried to revive him, a doctor said on condition of anonymity.
According to Devender Arya, Deputy Commissioner of Police (southwest), the journalist was admitted to the COVID-19 ward at the Trauma Centre on June 24 after testing positive for the virus.
"He was admitted to AIIMS Trauma Centre on June 24 and was apparently shifted to a High Dependency unit at the hospital. He was admitted on the first floor," a source at AIIMS said.He had undergone a surgery for brain tumour recently, the doctor said. AMP/PLB RHL
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- 7 Must visit temples in Andhra Pradesh
- Fuel your brain: 7 Foods to enhance mental sharpness during exam time
- I'm still the CEO, management remains unchanged: Byju Raveendran
- As many as 275 cases of rape in custody registered from 2017-22: NCRB
- Monthly household consumer spending more than doubled in last decade