Eastern Railway coming up with new facility for serious COVID-19 patients
The city-headquartered zonal railway, which at present treats patients with non-severe symptoms at its Howrah Orthopaedic Hospital, is likely to set up the unit by next week, medical director of B R Singh Hospital, D C Bhuniya said.
"We are finalising the nitty-gritties for starting the unit, and the number of beds in it will be decided upon the requirement," he said.
Railway employees, retired staff and their dependents will have access to the new facility in Sealdah area.
With the number of people infected with COVID-19 increasing, the authorities felt the need for a unit to treat those developing serious symptoms, sources said.B R Singh Hospital was selected as it is the main medical facility of the Eastern Railway, they said. AMR RBT RBT
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- 7 Must visit temples in Andhra Pradesh
- Fuel your brain: 7 Foods to enhance mental sharpness during exam time
- I'm still the CEO, management remains unchanged: Byju Raveendran
- As many as 275 cases of rape in custody registered from 2017-22: NCRB
- Monthly household consumer spending more than doubled in last decade