Here's how you can kill coronavirus – developers in India get busy with new games
- India now has multiple games based on
coronaviruswhere you can kill the virus, learn to practise social distancing and more.
- In Bengaluru, a group of
game developerswho are a part of a WhatsApp group called The Game Design Lab, decided to use the ‘quarantime’ to build games on coronavirus.
- Adding to the list, Reliance-backed Fynd has launched Corona Striker as part of its ‘Save the World’ social initiative to spread awareness about Covid-19.
In Bengaluru, a group of game developers who are a part of a WhatsApp group called The Game Design Lab, decided to use the ‘quarantime’ to build games. And they did get busy! According to a report by Mint, they have come up with four different board games. One of them is on social distancing and is also called so. Set up in an office, you have to maintain a distance from your co-workers in order to stay away from the infection.
Another game, Fight Against Corona is a board game where you have to play according to the block you land up in – Infected, Restaurant and more. These games are also becoming popular as people are now playing mobile games more than ever.
AdvertisementA lot of not-game developers are also turning to gaming. Reliance-backed e-commerce platform Fynd launched Corona Striker as part of its "Save the World" social initiative to spread awareness about Covid-19. The game is simple – you shoot injections towards a moving coronavirus and aim to hit it.
"Games are excellent at capturing the attention of diverse groups and can have a lasting impact. With Corona Striker, we are sharing socially relevant information in an appealing framework to encourage more people to practice social distancing, and to stay safe and healthy,” said Farooq Adam, co-founder at Fynd.
They aren’t alone. A similar game was developed earlier by Akram Tariq Khan and Anushree Warade, MBA students specialising in HR at XLRI, who began to wonder – how can they help spread awareness about the deadly coronavirus? And they came up with a unique answer.
The duo built a game called Bhag Corona. In the simple browser game, one has thelp PM Modi shoot vaccines at the coronavirus. As both of them were in separate cities due to the lockdown, they built the game over video chat.
Both Bhag Corona and Corona Striker have also used the now viral tune “Go corona, corona go” as the background music. At the end of the game, both share an educational message on the coronavirus.
A group of Indian veterans raise ₹300 crore to build a B-school where chief executives will teach
- Dr. Reddy’s, TCS, Bandhan Bank and other stocks to watch out for on April 13
- Sushil Chandra appointed as Chief Election Commissioner with effect from April 13
- TCS has broken many records in the last three months — from revenue to new deals to new hiring
- Haryana announces night curfew from 9 pm to 5 am with effect from tonight
- Google Drive, Docs, Sheets and Slides is down for some users around the globe, including India