Here’s how you can track your Voter ID application status in India
voter IDis an important identification document that entitles an Indian citizen to cast the vote in their respective constituency.
- Any Indian citizen above the age of 18 years can apply for a voter ID.
- Here, we take a look at how you can check and track your application status via the internet, call or SMS.
AdvertisementIf you have attained the
In this article, we take a look at how you can check
How to track Voter ID application status online
- To check the status of your application online, you will have to visit the NVSP website, or click here https://www.nvsp.in/.
- Now, click on the 'Application status' link.
- Enter the reference ID and click on 'Track Application status'. Your application status will appear on the screen.
- Here, you will see the application status and it can be tracked back if your application has been processed.
How to track Voter ID application status via call
Alternatively, if you wish to check the application status of your Voter ID, you can use the
- Dial the toll-free number 1950.
- Follow the instructions during the call to find your Voter ID application status.
How to track Voter ID application status via SMS
The Election Commision usually sends an SMS alert to the registered number after you have successfully registered for a voter ID card. It will also inform you whether your application status was accepted or rejected via SMS. However, this service is limited to some Indian states only.
Popular on BI
- Elizabeth Holmes ordered dinners for Theranos staff but made sure they weren't delivered until after 8 p.m. so they worked late: book
- My twin and I were in separate classrooms in school. Our joint math lesson made me realize how silly that was.
- 2,000 years before 'manscaping' and smooth armpits, the Romans were seriously into hair removal, archaeological findings show
- Best flagship phones in India in 2023
- Small Size Bluetooth speakers in India
- IIT Madras tops Indian institute ranking fifth year in a row – here are the top 10
- Best tablets under ₹5000 in India
- Speedy, small loan market sees Muthoot Microfin make an entry