IIT-KGP researchers develop AI-based system to track social distancing
The team, under the leadership of professor Debashish Chakravarty and professor Aditya Bandopadhyay, has engineered a low-cost device which can detect the gap between individuals, a spokesperson of IIT-KGP said.
"The device will play a proximity alert sound through audio output, whenever any violation of the social distancing norms occurs. It captures images of the field view and computes the distance as per criteria set by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare," a member of the research group said.
The researchers had focused on the ease of deployment of such a device in remote places and curtailing the cost by using inexpensive and easily accessible hardware materials, he said.
Students have come up with the device leveraging readily-available hardware while the lockdown was in place, the spokesperson said.The system has been successfully tested by installing three prototypes of the device within the IIT-Kharagpur campus. SUS BDC BDC
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- Sensex, Nifty scale fresh record highs, rise for 4th day in a row
- Passenger vehicles record 11.3% growth in February 2024, two-wheelers record 35% growth
- CAA will be implemented before Lok Sabha polls, says Union Minister Shantanu Thakur
- Famous Shiva temples in India you can visit on this Maha Shivratri
- Delhi HC exempts custom duties on medicines for rare diseases