IIT-M sets up 'doffing unit' for healthcare workers to safely remove PPE
While 'donning' is the procedure of assembling PPE on thehealthcare providers, 'doffing' refers to its removal, arelease from IIT, Madras said, adding such procedures willhave to adhere to certain standard protocols to preventfurther spread of infections.
The premier institute's Civil Engineering departmentjoined hands with CMCH and the setting up of the modular unitat the government hospital was undertaken with financialsupport from corporates under Corporate Social Responsibility(CSR), it said.
"The entire design, fabrication and deployment of thedoffing unit took place remotely during the lockdown period,"it said.
Professors Koshy Varghese and Arul Jayachandran from theinstitute's Civil Engineering Department collaborated with theInnovation team of CMCH, and a multi-disciplinary team ofprofessionals successfully designed, fabricated and installedthe doffing unit, it added.Vijayalakshmi, a staff nurse at the Covid-19 ward ofCMCH, was quoted as saying she felt safe "that I am notcarrying infection to my home and community." SA APRRAVINDRANATH APRRAVINDRANATH
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- JPMorgan's Jamie Dimon says he isn't afraid of China, but would leave if the US government told him to
- Charlie Munger once said he and Warren Buffett weren't interested in emulating Elon Musk: 'We don't want that much failure'
- Instagram's crisis highlights the bigger issues the entire ad industry is facing
- Private equity & VC players make a killing as IPO rush yields them ₹10,000 crore
- Private equity and VC players make a killing as IPO rush yields them ₹10,000 crore
- From Tata Punch EV to Lamborghini Revuelto, cars set to launch in India in December
- Climate Finance Top of the Agenda at The Second Edition of R.A.C.E. Sustainability Summit Held on the Opening Day of COP28 in the UAE
- Tesla launches Cybertruck at $60,990, delivers to 1st batch of customers