IIT-M sets up 'doffing unit' for healthcare workers to safely remove PPE
While 'donning' is the procedure of assembling PPE on thehealthcare providers, 'doffing' refers to its removal, arelease from IIT, Madras said, adding such procedures willhave to adhere to certain standard protocols to preventfurther spread of infections.
The premier institute's Civil Engineering departmentjoined hands with CMCH and the setting up of the modular unitat the government hospital was undertaken with financialsupport from corporates under Corporate Social Responsibility(CSR), it said.
"The entire design, fabrication and deployment of thedoffing unit took place remotely during the lockdown period,"it said.
Professors Koshy Varghese and Arul Jayachandran from theinstitute's Civil Engineering Department collaborated with theInnovation team of CMCH, and a multi-disciplinary team ofprofessionals successfully designed, fabricated and installedthe doffing unit, it added.Vijayalakshmi, a staff nurse at the Covid-19 ward ofCMCH, was quoted as saying she felt safe "that I am notcarrying infection to my home and community." SA APRRAVINDRANATH APRRAVINDRANATH
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- Flyers are 'skiplagging' to try and save money on flight tickets. Airlines hate it.
- Electricity prices in Finland flipped negative — a huge oversupply of clean, hydroelectric power meant suppliers were almost giving it away
- After Germany enters recession, fears in Singapore of 'technical recession'
- Ambati Rayudu announces retirement from IPL
- Data protection bill to drive deep behavioural changes for platforms exploiting data: Chandrasekhar
- MS Dhoni set to play 250th IPL match of his career
- Samsung Galaxy A34 5G review: A Mid-range marvel
- 10 ways to reduce your home loan EMI burden