India drops 7 spots in fixed broadband speeds in Aug globally
The country, however, maintained its global ranking for median mobile speeds at 117th position, according to network intelligence and connectivity insights provider Ookla.
Overall, the country witnessed a slight increase in median mobile download speeds from 13.41
According to the August Speedtest Global Index, Brazil registered the highest increase in rank, gaining 14 spots globally with Norway at top rank for overall global median mobile speeds.
For overall global fixed median speeds, Palestine registered the highest increase in rank, gaining 27 spots with
In July, India gained one spot in the global ranking for median mobile speeds, reaching 117th position from 118th in June.
However, India had witnessed a slight decrease in median mobile download speeds, which is 13.41 Mbps from 14.00 Mbps in the previous month.
Ookla's Speedtest Global Index ranks mobile and fixed broadband speeds from around the world on a monthly basis.
SEE ALSO :
Arpita Mukherjee's 31 life insurance policies with ₹1.5 cr annual premium: ED
Directorate of Revenue Intelligence seizes e-cigarettes worth ₹48 crore from Mundra port
Popular on BI
- Razorpay forays into loyalty and rewards segment with PoshVine acquisition
- Don't equate fun with money: Sundar Pichai to employees
- Best Intel-powered laptops for school students
- Festive season is here! Explore the best Intel Laptops for Education
- Reliance is reportedly planning to launch JioPhone 5G in India at a very affordable price