India drops 7 spots in fixed broadband speeds in Aug globally
The country, however, maintained its global ranking for median mobile speeds at 117th position, according to network intelligence and connectivity insights provider Ookla.
Overall, the country witnessed a slight increase in median mobile download speeds from 13.41
According to the August Speedtest Global Index, Brazil registered the highest increase in rank, gaining 14 spots globally with Norway at top rank for overall global median mobile speeds.
For overall global fixed median speeds, Palestine registered the highest increase in rank, gaining 27 spots with
In July, India gained one spot in the global ranking for median mobile speeds, reaching 117th position from 118th in June.
However, India had witnessed a slight decrease in median mobile download speeds, which is 13.41 Mbps from 14.00 Mbps in the previous month.
Ookla's Speedtest Global Index ranks mobile and fixed broadband speeds from around the world on a monthly basis.
SEE ALSO :
Arpita Mukherjee's 31 life insurance policies with ₹1.5 cr annual premium: ED
Directorate of Revenue Intelligence seizes e-cigarettes worth ₹48 crore from Mundra port
Popular on BI
- A Google recruiter says he discovered he'd lost his job after a call with one of his candidates suddenly disconnected
- A Google employee of 11 years says he and his wife stared at each other in 'disbelief' when they realized they'd both been laid off by the company
- A Google engineer of 8 years says his 'spidey-senses' detected incoming layoffs — and felt 'isolated' when his 'faceless' severance email arrived
- State Bank of India defends exposure to the Adani Group as short-selling report roils markets
- Budgeting for the fifth C
- Everything to know about Gleeden, the extra-marital dating app where 20% users are Indians
- DGCA slaps ₹10L fine on Go Air for leaving behind 55 passengers at B'luru airport
- Vedanta Q3 net profit drops 41% on higher input costs