India drops 7 spots in fixed broadband speeds in Aug globally
The country, however, maintained its global ranking for median mobile speeds at 117th position, according to network intelligence and connectivity insights provider Ookla.
Overall, the country witnessed a slight increase in median mobile download speeds from 13.41
According to the August Speedtest Global Index, Brazil registered the highest increase in rank, gaining 14 spots globally with Norway at top rank for overall global median mobile speeds.
For overall global fixed median speeds, Palestine registered the highest increase in rank, gaining 27 spots with
In July, India gained one spot in the global ranking for median mobile speeds, reaching 117th position from 118th in June.
However, India had witnessed a slight decrease in median mobile download speeds, which is 13.41 Mbps from 14.00 Mbps in the previous month.
Ookla's Speedtest Global Index ranks mobile and fixed broadband speeds from around the world on a monthly basis.
SEE ALSO :
Arpita Mukherjee's 31 life insurance policies with ₹1.5 cr annual premium: ED
Directorate of Revenue Intelligence seizes e-cigarettes worth ₹48 crore from Mundra port
Popular on BI
- Fuel your morning: Wholesome South Indian breakfast ideas for health
- Vodafone Idea shares tumble 14%, mcap erodes ₹10,806.7 cr
- National parties declare income of ₹3,077 cr in 2022-23; BJP has highest share
- Human trials may reveal efficacy of new Rs 100 cancer pill: Docs
- Multiplexes' revenue growth to dip to 15% in FY25 as OTTs crimp profit margins