India records over 13,000 new cases of COVID-19 in the last 24 hours
A total of 13,193 new cases were registered in a span of 24 hours. The death toll increased to 1,56,111 with 97 daily new fatalities, the data updated at 8 am showed.
The number of people who have recuperated from the disease surged to 1,06,67,741 which translates to a national COVID-19 recovery rate of 97.30 per cent and the case fatality rate stands at 1.42 per cent.
The total COVID-19 active cases remained below 1.5 lakh.
There are 1,39,542 active cases of coronavirus infections in the country which comprises 1.27 per cent of the total caseload, the data stated.
India's COVID-19 tally had crossed the 20-lakh mark on August 7, 30 lakh on August 23, 40 lakh on September 5 and 50 lakh on September 16.It went past 60 lakh on September 28, 70 lakh on October 11, crossed 80 lakh on October 29, 90 lakh on November 20 and surpassed the one-crore mark on December 19.
According to the ICMR, 20,94,74,862 samples have been tested up to February 18 with 7,71,071 samples being tested on Thursday.
The 97 new fatalities include 38 from
A total of 1,56,111 deaths have been reported so far in the country including 51,669 from Maharashtra followed by 12,444 from
The health ministry stressed that more than 70 per cent of the deaths occurred due to comorbidities.
"Our figures are being reconciled with the Indian Council of Medical Research," the ministry said on its website, adding that state-wise distribution of figures is subject to further verification and reconciliation.
PewDiePie's lyrics targeting CocoMelon and JK Rowling may have gotten YouTube angry enough to pull the video down
Samsung Galaxy F62 review – the new mid-range killer
Cairn Energy CEO meets Indian finance secretary as shareholders impatiently wait for action on the $1.4 billion tax dispute
Popular on BI
- A college is removing its vending machines after a student discovered they were using facial-recognition technology
- 11 states pay more in federal taxes than they get back - here's how every state fares
- Steve Jobs once said the best managers are 'individual contributors' who aren't interested in managing people
- JG Chemicals' ₹251-crore IPO to open on March 5, price band at ₹210-221/sh
- Once in a leaping blue moon: Leap day babies don birthday hats after four-year wait
- Man can't be held guilty for abetment of wife's suicide unless cogent evidence exists: SC
- About 90% of Himalayas will face year-long drought at 3 degrees warming says new study
- Mollywood to Hollywood: Panorama acquires remake rights of Drishyam franchise