Indian travellers in UAE can now use UPI for payments
- NPCI International Payments Ltd and NeoPay have entered into an agreement to offer
UPIpayments in the UAE.
- This will enable Indian travellers to pay using UPI on NepPay terminals.
- Indians can currently use UPI for
payments in UAE, Bhutan and Singapore.
AdvertisementIn a big boost to
According to an Economic Times report, the NPCI International Payments Ltd’s (NIPL) agreement with NeoPay will allow Indian travellers in the UAE to make payments using UPI on the company’s terminals across the country.
This will make payments in UPI seamless for Indian travellers as it will become as easy and quick as they are in India. Indians will be able to pay using BHIM UPI on NeoPay terminals.
The partnership between NPCI International and NeoPay was announced last year and the two companies have been working on creating infrastructure to enable seamless payments.
Do note that this is not the first country outside India where Indians can use UPI for payments. Indians can already use UPI in countries like Bhutan and Singapore. NIPL is also working on enabling UPI payments in Nepal.
"We are looking at creating an acceptance footprint for UPI-powered apps, including BHIM, across the globe We are following the markets where our Indian consumers travel, and this partnership is to expand the usage universe of Indians who currently enjoy seamless UPI experience in India," said Ritesh Shukla, CEO, of NIPL
This will come as good news for over 3.5 million Indians that are currently living in the UAE. In addition to this, over 2 million Indians visit the UAE each year.
WhatsApp is finally allowed to have 100 million users for its payments service
After Coinbase disables UPI payments, CoinSwitch Kuber halts rupee deposits
You will soon be able to use UPI for cardless cash withdrawals at all banks and ATMs
Popular on BI
- MrBeast called out TikTok for allowing a deepfake version of him hawking $2 iPhones to run wild on the app: 'This is a serious problem'
- How an OnlyFans creator earned $60,000 from a 'marathon' livestream
- TikTok's strategy for US dominance is straight out of Amazon's playbook — but creators are the fuel for its flywheel
- Troubles and ethics behind the 'cute' trend of growing Kidfluencers
- Meet the Indian teens who raised funds from Sam Altman for their AI startup
- Don't ask us to help with World Cup tickets say Virat and Anushka
- Tata Motors to offload 20% stake in the upcoming Tata Technologies IPO
- Chennai's top 10 must-visit tourist attractions