India’s total coronavirus cases cross 3 lakh mark — but more than half of the patients have recovered
- As many as 9195 patients have succumbed to coronavirus so far.
- India has more recovered cases (1,62,378) than active cases (1,49,348) — taking the recovery rate to over 50%.
- Maharashtra remains the worst affected state in the country — accounting for almost a third of the country's
AdvertisementIndia added over 11,000 fresh cases of coronavirus in the last 24 hours, taking the total coronavirus cases in the country beyond 3 lakh. As many as 9195 patients have succumbed to coronavirus so far.
While India remains the fourth most affected country by coronavirus in the world, it has more recovered cases (1,62,378) than active cases (1,49,348) — taking the recovery rate to over 50%. Maharashtra remains the worst affected state in the country — accounting for almost a third of the country's coronavirus cases.
Here are the latest updates from across the country:
COVID-19 cases in Assam rise to 4,118
The number of coronavirus cases in Assam reached 4,118 after 218 more people tested positive for the pathogen on Sunday, according to the state Health and Family Welfare minister Himanta Biswa Sarma.
"Alert ~ 69 new #COVID19+ cases reported. 16 Nagaon, 15 Dhubri, 12 Kamrup, 10 Jorhat, 6 Dhemaji, 4 Udalguri, 3 Kamrup (R), 3 Barpeta," Sarma said in a press conference.
Four COVID-19 patients died in Jammu and Kashmir
Srinagar/Jammu, Jun 14 (PTI) Four COVID-19 patients died in Jammu and Kashmir taking the number of coronavirus-related fatalities to 60. While one death took place in Jammu region, three patients passed away in Kashmir Valley.
Gujarat's Covid toll inches towards 1,500, cases now 23,590
With a mortality rate of 6.26 per cent and almost 30 deaths daily due to Covid-19 since the start of this month, Gujarat's toll climbed to 1,478 on Sunday, while the coronavirus case tally rose to 23,590. Meanwhile, 442 patients were discharged from hospitals across the state.
Covid kills two in Chhattisgarh, 113 fresh cases
Coronavirus claimed the lives of two more persons in Chhattisgarh while 113 fresh patients were detected across the state. With these two deaths, the total number of fatalities due to Covid-19 in Chhattisgarh stands at 8.
Among the 113 positive patients, 44 are from Korba, 28 from Balrampur, 14 from Janjgir Champa, six each from Durg, Raipur and Raigarh, three from Baloda Bazaar and two each from Gariaband, Bilaspur and Jashpur districts.
Railways deploys 204 isolation ward coaches in 4 states
Soon after Union Home Minister Amit Shah said that 500 railway isolation coaches will be deployed in Delhi for Covid-19 patients, the Railways said it has deployed 204 of such coaches in four states so far after, with 54 coaches being deployed at Delhi's Shakurbasti railway station maintenance depot, officials said.
Railway officials said that the number in the capital will be scaled up to 500 in the coming days.
Corona spreads to rural areas in Madhya Pradesh — 52 districts affected
With the steady increase in the spread of coronavirus across Madhya Pradesh, all 52 districts of the state are now affected by the virus. Niwari district being the only exception till now has also been affected by the virus. Rural areas are now fast coming in the grip of the infection.
The Madhya Pradesh government is now concerned about the spread of the infection from urban to rural areas in the state. This is the reason why after opening offices and markets, the government is unable to decide on opening of schools.
Delhi sees over 10,000 fresh coronavirus cases in six days
AdvertisementMumbai local trains resume services partially
Popular on BI
- A boomer moved back to Virginia after living in Florida for a decade. She says she'll 'never own another home' in the Sunshine State and loves the slower pace of life.
- Satellite images reveal Egypt has been quietly building a 16-foot wall on its border with Gaza
- Congressman presses Elon Musk to provide SpaceX satellite services for US defense forces in Taiwan, report says
- The importance of multi-asset investing
- AirAsia looks to add tier-2 and tier -3 cities to its India route map
- Most Internet users avail of OTT services; 53% of them from rural areas: Report
- Companies to dole out 10% average salary hike this year, says survey
- Godrej Appliances expects 20% growth in AC, refrigerator sales in summer season