Indore's COVID-19 death toll rises to 53
In the last 24 hours, as many as 26 new COVID-19patients were found in Indore, which took the number ofaffected persons in the city to 945. Of them, 77 have beendischarged after treatment, the official said.
"A 56-year-old person, who died in government-runManorama Raje TB (MRTB) hospital on Tuesday, was found to havebeen coronavirus infected. With this, the number of personswho have succumbed to COVID-19 infection has risen to 53,"chief medical and health officer (CMHO) Praveen Jadia said.
As per the figures, the city's COVID-19 death ratetill Thursday is 5.61 per cent, which is more than thenational average.
Jadia said that nearly 2,000 teams are conducting asurvey in the city, which has over 30 lakh population.
He claimed that 14-lakh population has been surveyedso far and the speed of survey has been increased in urbanareas. A target has been set to complete it within a week.
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- IAF scrambles fighter jets after bomb scare on Iranian civilian plane in Indian airspace
- Delhi reports over 400 cases of dengue in a week, taking the tally to 937
- PhonePe moves domicile from Singapore to India
- Noida-based LED IKIO Lighting files DRHP with SEBI to raise ₹350 crore
- Electronics Mart India IPO set to open on Oct 4; commands grey market premium of ₹30/share