Indore's COVID-19 death toll rises to 53
In the last 24 hours, as many as 26 new COVID-19patients were found in Indore, which took the number ofaffected persons in the city to 945. Of them, 77 have beendischarged after treatment, the official said.
"A 56-year-old person, who died in government-runManorama Raje TB (MRTB) hospital on Tuesday, was found to havebeen coronavirus infected. With this, the number of personswho have succumbed to COVID-19 infection has risen to 53,"chief medical and health officer (CMHO) Praveen Jadia said.
As per the figures, the city's COVID-19 death ratetill Thursday is 5.61 per cent, which is more than thenational average.
Jadia said that nearly 2,000 teams are conducting asurvey in the city, which has over 30 lakh population.
He claimed that 14-lakh population has been surveyedso far and the speed of survey has been increased in urbanareas. A target has been set to complete it within a week.
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- A teacher who quit and took a job at Costco says life is much better now — she has a life, can pay her bills and finally sleeps at night
- Gautam Adani takes the high road and calls off Adani Enterprises FPO after a 28% crash in stock price
- It's been a very bad month for Indian billionaires — four of the richest Indians have collectively lost about $45 billion in 2023
- Swiggy cracks down on password sharing, allows users to use same account on only two devices
- Best laptops with Intel i7 processors in India
- Best entry-level smartphones in India for 2023
- Samsung to manufacture premium Galaxy S23 smartphones in India
- Samsung launches four new laptops in the Galaxy Book3 series with a bigger display and new processor