Javadekar calls for state environment ministers meeting over pollution on Thursday
Javadekar said that given that
"All agencies were given short, medium and long term plans in 2016. Thursday's meeting will be to review the work done," the Minister said. The CPCB's work in the past two years will also be reviewed in the meeting, he added. The work done by the states will also be reviewed.
Javadekar added that 8 meetings have taken place so far this year - one each under the Cabinet Secretary, Principal Secretary and Advisor to the PMO and the environment secretary holding a couple of meetings. The CPCB has held 4 meetings so far.
The minister listed steps like launching an Air Quality Index, shutting down power plants in Badarpur and Sonipat, peripheral expressway, BS 6 vehicles, waste management rules, subsidy to electric
He added that the goal is to help people without indulging in politics.
SEE ALSO: From Byju Raveendran, Vijay Shekhar Sharma to Nithin Kamath and Udaan co-founders – Here are the richest entrepreneurs of India
These are the top ten billionaires in India, according to Hurun Rich List 2020
Popular on BI
- 7 Must visit temples in Andhra Pradesh
- Fuel your brain: 7 Foods to enhance mental sharpness during exam time
- I'm still the CEO, management remains unchanged: Byju Raveendran
- As many as 275 cases of rape in custody registered from 2017-22: NCRB
- Monthly household consumer spending more than doubled in last decade