Ker govt comes to rescue of cancer-afflicted child
In a co-ordinated action, the department arranged for anambulance and necessary travel permits for the nearly 16-hour1,100 km inter-state journey that started at 7.15 am fromCherthala in this district with the entire cost to be borne bythe state government. Health Minister K K Shailaja on Saturday said all stepshave been taken to facilitate the travel of the toddler andher family members to Hyderabad after local media reportshighlighted the plight of the child. The state Chief Secretary had discussed the matter withhis counterparts of other states en route to ensure a smoothjourney,the Health Ministry said.
"The travel permit and directions to other statesthrough which the ambulance has to pass were issued from thepolice headquarters. All district police chiefs were giveninstructions from the headquarters to arrange for passage ofthe ambulance," it said in a release.
The journey started at 7.15 am and they are expected toreach Hyderabad at 11 pm.
"The state government will bear the expenses incurredfor the journey. The ambulance will remain in Hyderabad andwill return with the family," it said.
The first phase of treatment was done at the L VPrasad Hospital in Hyderabad and the family was supposed totravel again within 21 days for the next phase of treatment.
As the family could not undertake the journey in view ofthe nation-wide lockdown to check coronavirus scare, the stategovernment swung into action to help the child.The number of confirmed novel coronavirus cases in thecountry climbed to 3,374 on Sunday while the death toll roseto 77, according to Union Health Ministry data. RRT SSVS VS
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- Flyers are 'skiplagging' to try and save money on flight tickets. Airlines hate it.
- Electricity prices in Finland flipped negative — a huge oversupply of clean, hydroelectric power meant suppliers were almost giving it away
- After Germany enters recession, fears in Singapore of 'technical recession'
- Ambati Rayudu announces retirement from IPL
- Data protection bill to drive deep behavioural changes for platforms exploiting data: Chandrasekhar
- MS Dhoni set to play 250th IPL match of his career
- Samsung Galaxy A34 5G review: A Mid-range marvel
- 10 ways to reduce your home loan EMI burden