Here are all the coronavirus hotspots in Karnataka
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi extended the
coronaviruslockdown until May 3.
- Modi also said that India will also keep a keen eye on hotspots, possible hotspots and prevent the creation of new hotspots.
- Bengaluru declared 38 hotspots, while Karnataka has 260 active coronavirus cases with 65 cured and 9 dead.
AdvertisementIndia’s Prime Minister Narendra Modi extended the coronavirus lockdown until May 3, in a special address to the nation.
Modi also said that India will also keep a keen eye on hotspots, possible hotspots and prevent the creation of new hotspots. For the next one week, India will enforce stricter measures to contain the virus within them.
Only those districts which are able to manage to stay coronavirus free, may see some easing of restrictions after April 20. However, Modi warned that if a case comes up after the rules are eased, then a complete lockdown will be enforced again.
Karnataka has 260 active coronavirus cases with 65 cured and 9 dead. Karnataka was one of the first states to shut down schools, theatres, malls and pubs, long before the lockdown.
These are the hotspots in Karnataka
The districts of Bengaluru, Mysuru, Chikkaballapur, Dakshina Kannada, Bidar, Uttara Kannada, Bagalkot, Kalaburagi, Belagavi, Vijayapura and Ballari districts are reportedly under the red zone according to the state.
However, according to the central government Bengaluru, Mysuru, Kalaburagi, Chikkaballapur, Bidar, Dakshina Kannada and Uttara Kannada are the hotspots.
Bengaluru, the state’s capital which is also called as India’s silicon valley, has the highest number of cases in Karnataka. It declared 38 hotspots within the city.
38 hot spots declared in Bengaluru, Karnataka: Bruhat Bengaluru Mahanagara Palike (BBMP) #COVID19 https://t.co/GofyBS6VER— ANI (@ANI) 1586882976000
Here's a map of all of 383 Coronavirus containment zones in Mumbai
Popular on BI
- Financial inclusion made easy for India’s small merchants with Paytm’s pioneering QR codes and Soundbox
- A 24-year-old stock trader who made over $8 million in 2 years shares the 4 indicators he uses as his guides to buy and sell
- My fiancé and I picked out my engagement ring together before he proposed, and I don't regret missing out on the surprise
- Two Mukesh Ambani-owned companies are among India’s top 5 valuable brands
- TVS, Ather, Ola hike prices of electric two-wheelers as new subsidy norms kick in
- IKIO Lighting sets IPO price band at ₹270-285/share
- Royal Enfield sales rise 22% in May at 77,461 units
- GST collection rises 12% to ₹1.57 lakh crore in May