Maha adds 1,409 COVID-19 deaths, registers 2,701 new cases
Mumbai, Jun 16 () Maharashtra's COVID-19 tally on Tuesday increased by 2,701 to 1,13,445 and the state recorded fresh death of 81 patients and added 1,328 deaths not reported previously, taking the fatality count to 5,537, said a health official.
With the discharge of 1,802 more patients, the state has so far sent 57,851 people to their homes after they recovered from the disease, he said.
"The state reported the death of 81 patients today (Tuesday) by COVID-19 and added 1,328 (fatalities) which were not reported previously (combined total 1,409). With this, the total number of the deceased now stands at 5,537," he said.
As many as 57,851 patients have been discharged after full recovery, while the number of active cases stood at 50,044, the official said.
Mumbai city on Tuesday reported 941 fresh COVID-19 cases, taking the tally to 60,228, while the death toll rose to 3,167as 55 more patients succumbed to the infection, he said.
The Thane division, which includes Mumbai, now has 84,121 coronavirus cases and 3,976 deaths, he said.
The Pune division has 15,603 confirmed cases and 806 deaths so far. Out of these, Pune city alone has 10,876 cases and 457 deaths, he said.
The Kolhapur division has 1,589 cases and 40 deaths, while the Nashik division 4,750 infections with 527 fatalities, the official said.
The Aurangabad division has 3,476 cases and 185 deaths and the Latur division 657 cases with 33 deaths, he said.
The Akola division has 1,796 cases and 95 deaths, while the Nagpur division has 1,360 infections with 14 fatalities, the official said.
There are 93 COVID-19 patients from other states who have received treatment in Maharashtra and 20 such patients have died here, he added.
There are 5,86,686 people who are under home quarantine, while 27,242 people are under institutional quarantine, the official said.
He said 97 laboratories in the state have carried out 6,84,268 tests of which 1,13,445 have tested positive so far, he said.Maharashtra COVID-19 figures are as follows: Positive cases 1,13,445, new cases 2,701, deaths 5,537, discharged 57,851, active cases 50,044, people tested so far 6,84,268. ND NSK RSY RSY
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- I took a new job in a remote location after my divorce. There aren't many people to date, but I'm happy staying single.
- OnlyFans star Riley Reid plans to 'immortalize' herself using AI. Here's how her team built her new chatbot.
- A boomer grandma advises on how to set boundaries with millennial kids when it comes to babysitting
- India's best relaxing holiday spots for peaceful retreats
- Inter-ministerial approval board can permit demarcation of non-processing area under IT sector SEZs
- Winter wellness: 10 Amla recipes to embrace this season
- ‘Confident’ Indians might splurge on big-ticket items in 2024
- Tata Power stock zooms ahead after brokerage on upgrade