Maha govt aims to bring down COVID-19 mortality rate: Tope
A total of 7,504 cases of coronavirus have been recorded in Aurangabad so far, of which 330 patients have died of the infection.
According to the official data, the fatality rates in Aurangabad city and rural areas were at 5.7 per cent and 4.5 per cent respectively.
The state government's priority is to bring down the mortality rate in Aurangabad and the entire state, Tope said, while addressing a press conference along with guardian minister Subhash Desai and minister of state Abdul Sattar.
Contact tracing of COVID-19 patients needs to be ramped up and quarantine facilities in the district have to be used to their fullest capacity, the health minister said.
Although quarantine centres have the capacity of over 2,200 beds, only 688 persons were presently admitted at these facilities, he said.
Speaking about steps taken during the lockdown, Desai said people entering Aurangabad city will have to undergo antigen tests and suspects will be shifted to treatment facilities.
As many as six entry points will be monitored by 12 teams round the clock during this lockdown period, he said.
Vehicles transporting essential commodities and those belonging to pharmaceutical, export and agro-based companies are being permitted to ply, he added.Speaking about charges for COVID-19 treatment, Tope said bills of all COVID-19 patients at private hospitals should be verified and signed by auditors appointed by the administration. AW ARU ARU
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- Toyota was right about hybrid cars all along
- The youngest son of Asia's richest man is getting married, and the pre-wedding event features Rihanna, a 9-page dress code, and live animals
- Check out some of the best and most daring looks at Ambani's pre-wedding bash — from Rihanna to Mark Zuckerberg
- Impact of AI on Customer Service
- Bengaluru cafe blast: Karnataka CM Siddaramaiah to chair meeting with top police officials today
- India retains full policy space for benefit of farmers, fishermen at WTO: Goyal
- Sensex, Nifty settle at new closing high levels in first part of special live trading session
- Passive Income Streams