Maha: Latur reports COVID-19 case after over fortnight
Notably, the Union Health ministry had on Monday addedLatur, Osmanabad, Hingoli and Washim districts in Maharashtrain its list of districts from 23 States/UT that have notreported any fresh cases in the last 14 days (preceding April20).
"A 70-year-old woman from Udgir died at the COVIDfacility there at 4:15 pm. She was admitted on April 23. Thewoman was suffering from diabetes and hypertension. Her reportfor COVID-19 came positive this afternoon," said districtcivil surgeon Dr Sanjay Dhage.
Earlier, eight COVID-19 cases were found in Nilanga inLatur district. However, all of them were non-locals and latertested negative for the infection.Following the death of the woman, state ministerSanjay Bansode has appealed to people from Udgir to remainindoors and to follow social distancing norms. CORRNSK NSK
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- White collar roles more at threat from AI
- Market cap of BSE-listed firms hits record high of Rs 331 lakh crore; just shy of entering $4-trillion club
- 10 Best honeymoon places near Delhi
- Samsung launches new smartphone with 50 MP camera in India
- Unveiling the sweet side of corn: 7 mouthwatering recipes