Maharashtra’s restaurants and bars are likely to reopen for dine-in services
- The Maharashtra government has allowed restaurants and bars to reopen from October 1, according to a report by Times of India.
- The decision was taken after a meeting between industry representatives and Maharashtra Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray.
- So far, only
home delivery of foodwas allowed in the state.
The state gov has prepared guidelines to restart restaurant operations & submitted to concerned authorities. Once f… https://t.co/Hm0De0Hdf1— CMO Maharashtra (@CMOMaharashtra) 1601293540000
The move will come as a huge relief to the over 4 lakh restaurants and bars in Maharashtra, which have been shut since the outbreak of the pandemic in March.
An official statement said quoting CM Thackeray, "The state government has framed SOPs for reopening restaurants and those have been sent to the people concerned. A decision about reopening restaurants will be taken once these (SOPs) are finalised."
The president of Hotel & Restaurant Association of Western India has welcomed the move.
Restaurants in Maharashtra allowed to reopen from 1st week of October. “We thank CM Uddhav Thackeray ji, who today… https://t.co/lVNcicfrc0— Anumeha Chaturvedi (@AnumehaET) 1601287343000
Thackeray laid emphasis on wearing masks, cleaning hands and maintaining physical distance while living with COVID-19 and added these precautions need to be taken when restaurants are reopened. "It will be important to take care of the health of chefs and other staffers in restaurants. They must wear masks, clean hands and ensure safety and cleanliness in restaurants," the chief minister said.
Maharashtra has been one of the worst-hit states during the coronavirus pandemic with over 2.7 lakh confirmed coronavirus cases, out of which over a lakh have recovered.
With inputs from PTI
SBI waives processing fee for car, gold and personal loan
- Upcoming bike launches in November: From Ducati Multistrada to Royal Enfield Meteor and KTM 250, to 2021 Honda CB1000R, here’s the list
- Researchers identify new drug to treat Covid-19 patients
- Ice drug worth 2 crore seized, 2 held
- Nearly a third of RIL’s profit is shaved off by the dent in refining
- Reliance Retail clocks nearly as much revenue as a year earlier as COVID shock abates — but the Amazon threat looms