Millenial and Gen Z couples want fewer guests at their weddings, says survey
- Over 33% of millennial and
Gen Zcouples want a smaller gathering on their big day keeping it 100 to 250 guests.
- Couples are now gravitating toward sustainable options for their big day, reveals a WeddingWire report.
- Almost 15% surveyed said that they are booking wedding venues only a month prior to the wedding
AdvertisementPerfect flower arrangements with fairy lights and finest cutleries and a long line of guests — this was how
Over 33% of millennial and Gen Z couples want a smaller gathering on their big day, according to a survey report by
During the pandemic, many states had placed restrictions on guest lists – in some cases 50 and above – bringing forth the concept of small weddings. In most cases, couples start booking wedding services three months before the date.
The survey says that 44% of couples start making reservations anywhere between one to three months before the big day. And, 15% surveyed said that they are booking wedding venues only a month prior to the wedding.
Since big weddings also create a lot of waste, couples are now gravitating towards sustainable options, the report said.
WedTech platforms gaining popularity
The report further highlights that more people are opting to hire wedding vendors, as compared to the pre-Covid era. Over 21% of the vendors get their leads from wedding websites and apps followed by social media which is at 20.8%.
“WedTech platforms are gaining popularity and becoming the key source of leads for wedding vendors,” said Anam Zubair, head of marketing, WeddingWire India.
New age couples now also want to be the decision makers in their wedding arrangements. Around 39% of the couples also want to handle the payments for their big day, moving away from the old tradition of the father of the bride throwing the wedding party.
Here’s everything you need to know about UK’s new Scale-up visa
Elon Musk’s Starlink satellites and T-Mobile join forces to bring internet service to remote areas
Popular on BI
- Impact of AI on Customer Service
- Bengaluru cafe blast: Karnataka CM Siddaramaiah to chair meeting with top police officials today
- India retains full policy space for benefit of farmers, fishermen at WTO: Goyal
- Sensex, Nifty settle at new closing high levels in first part of special live trading session
- Passive Income Streams