Nagaland Assembly passes Rs 22,817-cr budget for FY22
Chief Minister Neiphiu Rio, who also holds charge of the finance portfolio, had presented the Rs 2679.46-crore deficit budget in the House on Thursday.
Following a day-long debate, it was passed after opposition NPF legislators Amenba Yaden, Moatoshi Jamir and Yitachu raised cut motions on the Fisheries and Health & Family Welfare Department, citing alleged malpractices.Rio and Minister for Health, S Pangnyu Phom, however, assured that the state government would take up the matter with the concerned departments, following which the cut motions were withdrawn.
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- Bihar has no governance, state budget a bundle of lies : Tejashwi in assembly
- Haryana to table anti-conversion bill in upcoming budget session: Minister
- Bihar saw 8-fold growth in budget size during both RJD and NDA regimes : Tejashwi
- MVA govt trying to curtail budget session citing pandemic: BJP
- Gangubai Kathiawadi: An inspiring journey of a brothel head and a political leader of Kamathipura