Not Disha Patani but searching for MS Dhoni will infect your device with viruses
- Cybersecurity firm crowned former Indian cricket team captain,
MS Dhoni, as the most dangerous celebrityto hunt on the Internet.
- The second most dangerous celebrity to search is legendary cricketer
Sachin Tendulkar, followed by Bigg Bosscontestant Gautam Gulati.
- Here are the top 10 dangerous celebrities as ranked by McAfee.
AdvertisementMS Dhoni is dangerous.
And it is probably because he is one of India’s most loved celebrities. According to cybersecurity firm, McAfee, he is “the most dangerous celebrity to search for on the internet” in 2019.
Searching for him on the internet might land you with more viruses than any other celebrity.
The survey identifies famous celebrity search results that expose users to the most malicious websites, and malware. These links may not be associated with the celebrity but the help cyber attackers target a large number of users.
Users may also lose money in banking, credit card, shopping frauds while searching for celeb photographs online.
The second most dangerous celebrity search on the internet in India was legendary cricketer Sachin Tendulkar, followed by Bigg Boss contestant Gautam Gulati.
“Consumers may not be fully aware that the searches they conduct pose risk, nor may they understand the detrimental effects that can occur when personal information is compromised in exchange for access to their favorite celebrities, movies, TV shows or music,” said Gary Davis, chief consumer security evangelist at McAfee
Here are the top 10 dangerous celebrities which mostly includes sports stars and movie actors
Mahendra Singh Dhoni
Popular on BI
- iQOO Neo 9 Pro vs OnePlus 12R – which mid-range phone should you buy?
- Surrogacy rules changed, couples with medical condition can use donor gametes
- Reliance Jio and Airtel add subscribers as Vi’s subscriber base continues to decline
- Sensex, Nifty advance in early trade on positive global cues
- Infosys CEO Salil Parekh joins USISPF Board