Over 300 attacks on Maha cops reported since COVID-19 lockdown
At least 86 police personnel were injured while enforcing prohibitory orders and 863 persons have been detained in connection with over 300 attacks reported till date, the official said.
In the latest incident, an assistant police inspector sustained injuries after he was manhandled by some men at Ambi village of Paranda tehsil in Osmanabad district, he said.
Meanwhile, at least 72 police personnel, including five officers, have died of coronavirus infection so far, the official said.
Of these fatalities, the Mumbai police alone accounts for the loss of 44 personnel, including two officers, he said.
As many as 1,56,299 cases of violation of prohibitory orders have been registered in the state, in which 29,793 persons have been arrested till Thursday.
- Beijing says it's 'natural' for the US to 'feel sour' after Boeing loses out to Airbus on $37 billion China plane deal
- This start-up creates ‘green’ water out of thin air and sells it at ₹4 per liter
- Coinbase-backed Indian crypto exchange Vauld suspends trading, deposits and withdrawals amid market downturn
- Samsung to make $11 billion profit on robust semiconductor business
- Reliance has to pay ₹6 per litre of petrol & ₹13 for diesel exported as tax — but rising margins may cushion it
- The OnePlus Nord 2T is the ultimate smartphone to buy this season
- SaaS adoption rises, so do the security risks. Here are ways to counter them
- In the battle between AI & Metaverse, CEOs choose AI