Over 300 attacks on Maha cops reported since COVID-19 lockdown
At least 86 police personnel were injured while enforcing prohibitory orders and 863 persons have been detained in connection with over 300 attacks reported till date, the official said.
In the latest incident, an assistant police inspector sustained injuries after he was manhandled by some men at Ambi village of Paranda tehsil in Osmanabad district, he said.Meanwhile, at least 72 police personnel, including five officers, have died of coronavirus infection so far, the official said.
As many as 1,56,299 cases of violation of prohibitory orders have been registered in the state, in which 29,793 persons have been arrested till Thursday.A total of 54 health professionals were injured in attacks by anti-social elements across the state, he said. DC ARU ARU
- OPINION: “I would bet on Novovax,” a doctor’s take on how to make the COVID-19 vaccine jabs more effective
- Aishwarya Pissay, a champion motorcyclist, describes what it takes to ace the circuit
- Mandatory 14-days quarantine for Delhi residents returning from Kumbh Mela, says Delhi Disaster Management Authority
- Check out the youngest players in IPL 2021
- JEE Mains entrance exam postponed amid surge in COVID-19 cases