Over 300 attacks on Maha cops reported since COVID-19 lockdown
At least 86 police personnel were injured while enforcing prohibitory orders and 863 persons have been detained in connection with over 300 attacks reported till date, the official said.
In the latest incident, an assistant police inspector sustained injuries after he was manhandled by some men at Ambi village of Paranda tehsil in Osmanabad district, he said.Meanwhile, at least 72 police personnel, including five officers, have died of coronavirus infection so far, the official said.
As many as 1,56,299 cases of violation of prohibitory orders have been registered in the state, in which 29,793 persons have been arrested till Thursday.A total of 54 health professionals were injured in attacks by anti-social elements across the state, he said. DC ARU ARU
- Twitter celebrates India's Republic Day with a new emoji
- Sensex tumbles 531 points, Nifty ends below 14,250 — IT and auto drag market lower
- Ahead of farmers Republic Day tractor parade, thousands of police personnel deployed in Ghaziabad
- Kotak Mahindra Bank Q3 profit rises 16% to ₹1,854 crore on low provisions for bad loans
- Google CEO Sundar Pichai pledges $150 million for COVID-19 vaccine education and distribution