Pathan, Liger, Godfather: Here’s a list of forthcoming movie releases that will decide the fate of the multiplexes
- Shahrukh Khan, Salman Khan and Aamir Khan have scheduled to launch a lot of their dream projects this year after a dry spell of two years.
- Telugu films have consolidated their position with releases like RRR and Pushpa: The Rise and now all eyes are on Chiranjeevi’s Godfather and Nagarjuna’s The Ghost.
- Indian multiplexes like INOX and PVR are hoping that the charm of the Indian film industry and a strong pipeline of releases is enough to bring audiences to the theaters.
AdvertisementEven though big budget releases like Shamshera, Pritviraj Chauhan and Ek Villain Returns have left the audience disappointed, expectations from the blockbuster releases lined up for the second half of this year are still high. After all, this is the first time in two years that the audience is free to go to the movies without any restrictions.
All the three Khans — Shahrukh Khan, Salman Khan and Aamir Khan — have scheduled to launch many of their dream projects this year, after a multi-year dry spell. Shah Rukh Khan, popularly known as King Khan, has lined up three big releases this year.
Unlike the previous years, a lot of eyes are also on the regional film industries, especially after the jaw-dropping releases by the Telugu film industry in the last few months. It all started with Allu Arjun’s ‘Pushpa: The Rise’ that was released last year, and there hasn’t been a dull day for this industry since then.
After releases like RRR, Pushpa: The Rise and Kannada movie KGF Chapter 2, regional films and especially Telugu films, have become very popular with the audience. Exhibitors have high hopes from the Telugu industry’s forthcoming films – Chiranjeevi’s Godfather and Nagarjuna’s The Ghost
Here’s a list of movies scheduled to release over the next few months.
|Bullet Train||August 5, 2022|
|Laal Singh Chaddha||August 11, 2022|
|Raksha Bandhan||August 11, 2022|
|Agent||August 12, 2022|
|Thiruchitrambalam||August 18, 2022|
|Nope||August 19, 2022|
|Liger||August 25, 2022|
|Beast||September 2, 2022|
|Yaar Mera Titliyaan Warga||September 2, 2022|
|Brahmastra Part One: Shiva||September 9, 2022|
|The Women King||September 16, 2022|
|Dhokha Round D Corner||September 23, 2022|
|Vikram Vedha||September 30, 2022|
|Ponniyin Selvan||September 30, 2022|
|Tejas||October 5, 2022|
|Godfather||October 5, 2022|
|The Ghost||October 5, 2022|
|White||October 5, 2022|
|Mr and Mrs Mahi||October 7, 2022|
|Goodbye||October 7, 2022|
|Ram Setu||October 24, 2022|
|Drishyam 2||November 18, 2022|
|Avatar: The Way of Water (English)||December 2022|
|Kabhi Eid Kabhi Diwali||December 2022|
|Rocky Aur Rani Ki Prem Kahani||February 2023|
|Luv Ranjan's next starring Ranbir Kapoor||March 2023|
Even multiplex businesses like INOX and PVR have set their hopes on the Indian film industry to draw movie lovers into the theaters. Both the companies, in their financial results for fiscal year 2022 as well as Q1 of FY2023, have made a reference to this point.
However, the failure of Shamshera, Prithviraj Chauhan, Ek Villain Returns and Jayeshbhai Jordaar has raised some eyebrows regarding the performance of the Bollywood blockbusters.
“Q1 [April to June] has been great but after that few movies have not done well. That does not mean that people will shy away from coming to the theaters… One or two movies not working, or one month not doing well, does not mean that people will refrain from coming to the theater to watch a movie or the entire pipeline is bad,” Inox’s director Siddharth Jain said during an analyst call.
MSME credit demand jumps 60% from pre-pandemic levels – a sign of rebound in economic activity
Indian diamantaires want to make lab-grown diamonds a woman’s best friend
Adani Wilmar’s Angshu Mallick on edible oil prices, rural consumption patterns and outlook for Q2FY2
Popular on BI
- A married couple with a 4-month-old baby were both laid off by Google, while one of them was on parental leave
- A Google employee of 11 years says he and his wife stared at each other in 'disbelief' when they realized they'd both been laid off by the company
- 6 signs that you're in a one-sided relationship and how to find balance
- What is fingerprint unlock feature for Chrome incognito tabs and how does it work
- SRK’s Pathaan sets a new record — over ₹100 crore collections on opening day
- Made in India battle royale game Indus trailer out: Here’s what to expect
- Cyprus paralysed by general strike against inflation
- Avatar 2 surpasses Avengers: Infinity War to become the fifth-biggest grosser ever