Petrol price is now past ₹84 in Delhi, over 62% of it is taxes
- Petrol has reached an all-time high of ₹84.20 in Delhi after a hike of 23 paise.
- Over 62% of petrol’s price includes taxes such as Excise and VAT, which is charged by the government.
- Rising crude oil prices in the international market have contributed to the increase in petrol prices.
- The price of diesel has been hiked by 26 paise and is now available for ₹74.38.
Petrol prices hit an all-time high today after the state-owned fuel companies hiked the prices once again. The petrol prices were also hiked on January 6 after a month-long hiatus. Rising crude oil prices and taxes have contributed to an increase in petrol prices.
View all Offers
View all Offers
- 21% OFF
Wipro Smart Mid Back High Resilience Foam Home-Office Chair,Synchro tilt Mechanism,Adjustable armrest,Ergonomic Foam backrest,Waterfall Edge seat,3yr wrnty,BIFMA&Green Certified,IDM Winner(Black)₹ 9779₹ 14400Buy On
AmazonBasics Big & Tall Executive Chair (Brown, Leather)₹ 13999₹ 15995Buy On
Amazon Brand - Solimo Alen 5 Seater Fabric RHS L Shape Sofa Set (Grey)₹ 27999₹ 39000Buy On
- 16% OFF
Metallika Centerville Three Seater Sofa cum Bed with Mattress (Glossy Finish, Brown, Metal) By FurnitureKraft₹ 22589₹ 36480Buy On
Amazon Brand - Solimo Halley 3 Seater Sofa cum Bed with Storage (Fabric, Grey)₹ 19049₹ 31500Buy On
Out of the total price, over 60% of the price is made up of taxes such as VAT and Excise. As per the price breakup shared by IOCL on January 1, we have calculated the price buildup for petrol on January 7.
The global oil prices have increased over the past few days as Saudi Arabia has announced a voluntary output cut of 1 million barrels per day. The Brent crude prices on Wednesday increased by 8 cents and are currently at $54.38 per barrel.
Petrol prices get costlier
|Price charged to dealer||₹27.74||₹27.9||33.14|
After the hike of 23 paise today, petrol is now retailing at ₹84.20 in Delhi. Diesel has received a hike of 26 paise and is retailing for ₹74.38, nearing its all-time high.
Prior to today’s prices, the previous all-time high of ₹84 was recorded in Delhi on October 4, 2018, and diesel also reported its all-time high of ₹75.45 on the same day.
On Wednesday, the fuel retailers hiked the fuel prices after a month-long hiatus amid rising international prices. Petrol price was hiked by 26 paise and the diesel price was hiked by 25 paise.
Petrol and diesel prices in other cities
|Mumbai||₹ 90.81||₹ 81.05|
|Chennai||₹ 86.95||₹ 79.70|
|Hyderabad||₹ 87.75||₹ 81.15|
|Kolkata||₹ 85.66||₹ 77.96|
AdvertisementThe petrol prices in India change depending upon the taxes, dollar exchange rate and global oil prices.
Oil will surge 21% this year even as spiking COVID-19 infections hamper near-term demand, Goldman Sachs says
Crude oil prices surge on hopes that OPEC+ will limit the output at current levels
Petrol and diesel prices remain unchanged across Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai and Kolkata for 13th straight day
Popular on BI
- HUL spent Rs 1,193 crore on advertising between October and December 2021
- Rohit Sharma, Rishabh Pant and Ravichandran Ashwin included in ICC Men's Test team of the Year 2021
- One in five Urban Company professionals took home at least ₹38,000 a month, claims the company
- Rythu Bandhu scheme - Telangana government deposits ₹7,400 crore into the bank accounts of 62 lakh farmers
- As tepid two wheeler sales hurt Bajaj Auto’s profitability, stock slides 4%