Railways sets new record in scrap sales, earns Rs 2,582 cr in 6 months
Earnings from scrap sales in this period are 28.91 per cent higher than the previous financial year.
According to the Railways, in 2022-23, the target revenue from the sale of scrap has been set at Rs 4,400 crore.
As much as 3,93,421 metric ton of iron scrap has been sold off so far in 2022-23 as compared to 3,60,732 metric ton in 2021-22.
A total of 1,751 wagons, 1,421 coaches and 97
Arunachal Pradesh's eagle sanctuary has woodpeckers, flycatchers and more - but no eagles
Highly infectious new Omicron sub variant BF.7 detected in India
Popular on BI
- Gas stoves create more nanoparticle pollution than a busy street with diesel and gas cars, study finds
- Climate change could cause millions of children to be born prematurely, suffer lifelong complications
- Markets record rally makes investors richer by ₹4.29 lakh crore
- From undernutrition to obesity, Lancet study unveils India's double whammy
- GST collections in February rise 12.5% to cross ₹1.68 lakh crore