Rajya Sabha adjourned till 11 am amid uproar by opposition members on fuel price issue
Leader of the Opposition
However, Chairman M Venkaiah Naidu did not allow the discussion, saying the issue can be debated "during the course of discussion on the Appropriation bill."
AdvertisementAs the Chair decided to continue the scheduled Question Hour, Opposition parties began shouting slogans seeking a debate on the issue.
The Chair kept on asking members to go back to their seats and not deprive members from the Question Hour.
However, Opposition members kept on shouting.
"If you don't want the Question Hour to continue, if you want to deprive people of Question Hour, I can adjourn the House. .... Please go to your seat. Loktantra ka majak nahi karna hai... (Don't make a joke of democracy," the Chairman said.
As members continued to shout, the Chairman adjourned the House till 11 am.
The second part of the Budget session of Parliament began Monday and is scheduled to conclude on April 8.
A whole host of jobs, from government to private to foreign companies in India, are opening up — here’s a look at some of those
These are the world’s top food delivery companies – India’s Zomato and Swiggy have a long way to go as compared to their global counterparts like DoorDash or Meituan
Wipro's share price has outperformed its peers in the last year — but analysts are still cautious about giving it a 'buy' rating
- Airtel's India business is back in the black after a very long time
- Sequoia and PayPal-backed Pine Labs completes a first close of $285 million funding round from new investors
- BJP spent significantly less on advertising during Kerala elections this year, its ad insertions on TV, Radio and Print decreased from 21% in 2016 to 1% in 2021
- Google I/O 2021: Here's what to expect from Google's biggest annual conference
- ISRO announces its decision to share technology to make portable medical oxygen concentrators developed by VSSC