RCap debt resolution: Torrent Investments moves SC against NCLT decision
The Supreme Court on Monday said that it will hear the plea on March 20.
Torrent Investments Private Limited has filed the appeal under Section 62 of the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2016 assailing the order dated March 2, passed by the NCLAT principle branch.
The NCLAT has set aside the final judgment and order of the National Company Law Tribunal, Mumbai Bench dated February 2.
NCLAT had said Reliance Capital's Committee of Creditors (CoC) has the power to negotiate and call for a higher bid. The NCLAT had held that
The CoC may proceed to fix a date after two weeks for holding a Revised Challenge Mechanism or/and to take any steps for further negotiations with the Resolution Applicants as per the relevant Clauses of the RFRP and further exclusion of 30 days period is allowed, NCLAT said.
"By way of the Impugned Order, the Appellate Authority has erroneously concluded that even after the conclusion of challenge mechanism as contemplated by Regulation 39(1A) of IBBI (Insolvency Resolution Process for Corporate Persons) Regulations, 2016 (CIRP Regulations), the Committee of Creditors (CoC) is empowered to negotiate further with one or other resolution applicants or annul the resolution process and re-issue the request for resolution plan (RFRP)," the petitioner said.
"While coming to this conclusion the Appellate Authority has completely ignored the mandate of the Code to conduct the insolvency process in a time-bound manner, the arguments made by the Appellant in this regard have not even been dealt with," the petitioner said.
Torrent Investments Private Limited has filed the appeal before the Apex Court against National Company Law Appellate Tribunal, Principal Bench.
Rupee falls 10 paise to close at 82.16 against US dollar
A look into what's inside the Oscar gift bag that every nominee gets
Popular on BI
- Elon Musk and more than 1,000 people sign an open letter calling for a pause on training AI systems more powerful than GPT-4
- A second giant 'hole' has appeared on the sun, and it could send 1.8 million mph solar winds towards Earth
- We used ChatGPT to plan international trips - here’s a tour of the results!
- Sebi to boost disclosure norms; do away with permanent board seats for individuals
- Here are the ten big income tax rule changes that will come into effect from April 1
- Not just for OTT, people rely on digital to discover & engage with content across TV and movies: BCG-Meta Report
- SPC Lifesciences files draft papers with SEBI for IPO
- Sensex rallies 346 pts, Nifty near 17,100 on firm global markets