"Rise above caste region and religion"— and other Sardar Patel quotes that are relevant even today
- Today, India observes
National Unity Dayto celebrate 144rd birth anniversary of Vallabhbhai Patel.
- Popularly known as ‘
Iron Man,’ Patel unified 562 states into a republic.
- To mark his birthday, PM Modi unveiled Patel’s
Statue of Unityin Gujarat — which is the world’s tallest statue in the world at a height of 182 metres.
On the occasion, Prime Minister
The Statue of Unity has been built from iron contributed by farmers from across the country; soil from different pa… https://t.co/VtfqPSPDk2— PIB India (@PIB_India) 1572497240000
On his birth anniversary, here are his five famous ideas which hold true till date.
1. Every Indian should now forget that he is a Rajput, a Sikh or a Jat. He must remember that he is an Indian and he has every right in his country but with certain duties.
2. Caste, community will rapidly disappear. We have to speedily forget all these things. Such boundaries hamper our growth.Advertisement
3. Two ways of building character – cultivating strength to challenge oppression, and tolerate the resultant hardships that give rise to courage and awareness.
4. A nation’s greatness was reflected in the character of her people. If it was sullied by selfishness, such people could not prosper or achieve great things.Advertisement
5. The negligence of a few could easily send a ship to the bottom, but it required the whole-hearted cooperation of all on board; she could be safely brought to port.
- Phase 2 and 3 clinical trials for Sputnik vaccine commence
- 'Delhi chalo': After Singhu and Tikri, Delhi Police closes Chilla border due to farmers' protest
- Manforce Condoms promotes its competitors in its latest ad for World AIDS Day
- Sensex, Nifty close at record high on recovery hopes, vaccine boost
- Visa application for UK’s new points-based immigration system kicks in today — here’s all you need to know