Single-day jump of 24,248 COVID-19 cases pushes India's tally close to 7-lakh mark
With this, the country has recorded over 20,000 cases of the infection for the fourth consecutive day.
India went past Russia on Sunday to become the third worst-hit nation by the COVID-19 pandemic. Only the US and Brazil are ahead of India in terms of total coronavirus infections.
According to the Monday morning update of the Union Health Ministry, a single-day jump of 24,248 COVID-19 cases pushed India's tally to 6,97,413.
With a steady rise, the number of recoveries stands at 4,24,432 in the country, while one patient has migrated. There are 2,53,287 active coronavirus cases in the country, the data showed.
"Thus, 60.85 per cent of the patients have recovered so far," the ministry said.
The total number of confirmed cases also includes foreigners who tested positive in India.
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- Elon Musk sparks another Shiba Inu rally ‘to the moon’ — other Shiba coins follow suit
- The best wildlife photos of the year show a curious grizzly, dueling reindeer, and fish swimming through a cloud of sperm
- Trading app Public lists shiba inu coin on its trading platform as the Robinhood rival broadens crypto offerings
- IDBI Bank's net profit jumps 75% despite higher provisions
- Asian Paints' net profit drops 29% on high raw material prices
- Dearness allowance hiked to 31% for central government employees
- IAF aircraft Mirage 2000 crashes in Madhya Pradesh's Bhind district, pilot ejected safely
- Wunderman Thompson South Asia’s Tarun Rai moves into a new role as Executive Director Strategic Initiatives, APAC