Single-day jump of 24,248 COVID-19 cases pushes India's tally close to 7-lakh mark
With this, the country has recorded over 20,000 cases of the infection for the fourth consecutive day.
India went past Russia on Sunday to become the third worst-hit nation by the COVID-19 pandemic. Only the US and Brazil are ahead of India in terms of total coronavirus infections.
According to the Monday morning update of the Union Health Ministry, a single-day jump of 24,248 COVID-19 cases pushed India's tally to 6,97,413.
With a steady rise, the number of recoveries stands at 4,24,432 in the country, while one patient has migrated. There are 2,53,287 active coronavirus cases in the country, the data showed.
"Thus, 60.85 per cent of the patients have recovered so far," the ministry said.
The total number of confirmed cases also includes foreigners who tested positive in India.According to the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR), a total of 99,69,662 samples were tested for the disease in the country till July 5, with 1,80,596 just on Sunday. ASK TIR TIR
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- The future is connected: 80% of traditional TV viewers want to switch in a year says Finecast Kantar
- Electric-vehicle financing startup Vidyut raises $4 million in first round of funding
- RIL, Adani Enterprises are the biggest and most consistent wealth creators: Motilal Oswal
- First King Charles 50 pence coins enter circulation in UK
- Realme 10 Pro Plus vs Redmi Note 12 Pro Plus – price, specs and features compared