Smuggled foreign cigarettes seized in Manipur during lockdown, one held
Acting on a tip-off, a team of police personnelintercepted a vehicle at Pallel checkpost and seized thecigarettes, smuggled from Myanmar, a senior officer said.
The consignment was handed over to the customsdepartment, and necessary action will be taken against theperson for defying the lockdown order, he said.
In view of the spread of novel coronavirus, the stategovernment had banned the import of packaged food items fromChina, Myanmar and Southeast Asian countries which do notcomply with the norms of the Food Safety and StandardsAuthority of India.The state police had on Thursday seized over 800packets of cigarettes, made in Myanmar, from Thoubal districtin two separate operations, and arrested two persons includinga woman. CORBDC BDC
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- Unlocking the Wonders of Coconut Oil: From Culinary Delight to Wellness elixir
- Chestnuts: Nature's nutritional powerhouse
- Taylor Swift's ‘Eras Tour’ concert film set to premier in India
- Melting poles: Unprecedented levels of sea ice loss threatens global climate balance
- Peanuts: A nutty marvel of nutrition