T'gana-returnee migrant hangs self in C'garh quarantine centre
Lobo Ram Sari was found hanging in a room at the quarantine centre in his native Ghorapadar village under Deobhog police station limits, some 200 kilometres from Raipur, Gariaband Additional Superintendent of Police (ASP) Sukhnandan Rathore told .
"He had returned from Hyderabad last week and was kept at the quarantine facility for 14 days as a precautionary measure. He did not have any coronavirus symptoms. However, his sample has been sent for COVID-19 test as per protocol," he added.
A case has been registered and probe is on to find out why he took this step, the official said.Earlier, on May 13, a migrant worker had hanged himself at a quarantine centre in Raigarh, while on May 18, a migrant ended his life similarly at a quarantine facility in Balod. TKP BNM BNM
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- Gas stoves create more nanoparticle pollution than a busy street with diesel and gas cars, study finds
- Climate change could cause millions of children to be born prematurely, suffer lifelong complications
- Markets record rally makes investors richer by ₹4.29 lakh crore
- From undernutrition to obesity, Lancet study unveils India's double whammy
- GST collections in February rise 12.5% to cross ₹1.68 lakh crore