There will be three flights from India to Australia starting May 15 for the estimated 9,000 people looking to return
- Australia will lift the ban for its citizens who were stuck in India amidst an escalating COVID-19 crisis.
- The government of Australia estimates that around 9,000 Australians are stuck in India, including the Aussie players who were here for the Indian Premier League.
- Prime Minister Scott Morrison warned people that those trying to rush back to Australia via a third country will face serious consequences.
The government of Australia estimates that around 9,000 Australians are stuck in India, including the Aussie players who were here for the Indian Premier League that has been suspended. About 900 among them are expected to be most vulnerable and they might prefered before others during the repatriation process.
Prime Minister Scott Morrison warned people that those trying to rush back to Australia via a third country will face serious consequences, which included jail terms and heavy financial penalties.
The travellers awaiting repatriation will have to mandatorily go for Rapid Antigen Test and carry negative COVID-19 report to board the flight. Australians returning from India will have to quarantine at Howard Springs facility which is a former mining camp outside Darwin.
These IIT graduates started an online fundraiser for oxygen concentrators in a small district in Madhya Pradesh – they raised more than ₹47 lakhs in three days
Dogecoin surge sends WazirX servers panting for help – users report failed transactions, delays in orders
‘Internet has revolutionised courtroom reporting’ – India’s Supreme Court quashes Election Commission’s plea against Madras High Court
Popular on BI
- A massive study from Israel suggests older adults were far less likely to develop severe COVID-19 after a booster shot, but the finding carries major limitations
- Everything you need to know about iOS 15: Release date, new features, supported devices
- Watch SpaceX launch 4 space tourists into Earth's orbit
- Ajay Devgn performs his iconic stunt for Mahindra FURIO 7 range
- Sensex tops 59,000 mark; Telecom stocks soar
- Investors' interest in Indian SaaS continues as Bidgely bags $26 million from US-based firms
- After selling their previous startup to Quikr, Zefo founders are building an OYO for hospitals
- Disha Patani to be the face of mobile accessories brand Ambrane