TN reports one COVID-19 death, 25 new cases
Chennai, Apr 16 () Tamil Nadu reported a fresh COVID-19 death while 25 more people tested positive for the disease,taking the state's toll due to it to 15 and total cases to1,267 on Thursday, Chief Minister K Palaniswami said.
He said the lower number of fresh cases showed thegovernment was containing the spread of the contagion.
Fresh cases on Wednesday stood at 38, a little more thanTuesday's tally of 31, unlike higher numbers seen earlierin the week.
The state had reported 98 fresh cases on Monday and 106on Sunday."This disease is a big challenge," the chief ministertold a press conference after chairing a meeting of districtcollectors to take stock of the preventive measures beingimplemented across the state. SAVS VS
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
Popular on BI
- Billionaire investor Mark Mobius says he's been able to get his money out of China, but investing in the country is still a 'dilemma' amid national security laws
- The Carnival cruise passenger who went overboard and remains missing was on his first cruise and it became his 'happy place,' his fiancée said
- The new Barbie movie used so much pink paint on set that it caused an international shortage, according to its production designer
- Major train accidents that India witnessed in last 15 years
- Odisha rail crash: Rescuers try to raise buried coach, death toll at 238
- Largest road networks in the world – India beats China to take the second spot
- Manoj Bajpayee joins the league of on-screen lawyers like Pankaj Tripathi, Shriya Pilgaonkar & more
- List of famous things to buy in Lonavala