Two held for unruly behaviour after drinking on board Dubai-Mumbai flight
- Two passengers on board a Dubai-Mumbai
IndiGoflight were arrested for allegedly hurling abuses at crew and co-passengers.
- As per protocol, they were handed over to the CISF security staff for unruly behavior.
AdvertisementMumbai, Two passengers on board a Dubai-
In statement, IndiGo said. "Two passengers travelling on flight 6E 1088 from Dubai to Mumbai were observed to be in an inebriated state and continued consuming alcohol onboard despite multiple warnings from the crew."
"They verbally abused the crew and co-passengers. As per protocol, they were handed over to the CISF security staff for unruly behavior. Post the incident, a complaint has been filed at the nearby police station. We regret the inconvenience caused to other passengers," the airline's statement added.
As per police, the two accused are from Nalasopara in Palghar and Kolhapur and were returning after working for a year in the Gulf.
"The two started celebrating by consuming liquor they had brought from a duty-free shop. When co-flyers objected to the ruckus, the two abused them as well as the crew that intervened," the police official said.
"One of them was drinking while walking down the aisle. The crew took away their bottles," the official added.
They have been booked under
As per officials, this is the seventh incident this year when a case has been filed for unruly behaviour by flyers.
On March 11, a man was arrested for smoking in the lavatory and trying to open the emergency exit of a London-Mumbai flight.
ChatGPT just got more accessible: Here’s how you can open the AI Chatbot directly from Mac's menu bar
AdvertisementChatGPT prompts to boost your productivity and creativity in 2023
Popular on BI
- The 10-year Treasury yield will drop to 3.5% by the end of next year as the massive bond rally will continue, UBS says
- Instagram's crisis highlights the bigger issues the entire ad industry is facing
- Exit polls predict BJP advantage in MP, Rajasthan, Congress win in Chhattisgarh, Telangana and tight contest in Mizoram
- International air travel penetration remains low in India: CAPA
- "Meeting friends is always a delight": PM Modi reacts to 'Melodi' selfie shared by Italian counterpart Georgia Meloni
- WhatsApp testing new feature that lets you search users by their username
- Delhi airport: Flights diverted due to bad smog, bad weather
- Meta expanding child safety measures as scrutiny mounts