Union Minister Smriti Irani tests positive for COVID-19
- Union Minister
Smriti Iranihas tested positive for COVID-19.
- She has asked all those who came in contact with her recently to get tested for the infection.
- Irani joins the list of public figures including Home Minister Amit Shah, Transport Minister Nitin Gadkari and Petroleum Minister Dharmendra Pradhan who also tested positive for the coronavirus.
It is rare for me to search for words while making an announcement; hence here’s me keeping it simple — I’ve tested… https://t.co/P5VymEdJHV— Smriti Z Irani (@smritiirani) 1603889932000
Irani joins the list of public figures including Home Minister Amit Shah, Transport Minister Nitin Gadkari and Petroleum Minister Dharmendra Pradhan who also tested positive for the coronavirus.
India's total coronavirus tally neared the 80 lakh mark on today, but new cases remain under 50,000. In the last 24 hours, 43,893 new cases were registered and 508 deaths. India is fast approaching US' total infection tally, which is currently the world's worst-affected nation with more than 87 lakh cases on record.
Building blocks of life discovered in Titan’s atmosphere — NASA discovers a ‘weird’ molecule on Saturn’s largest moon
EXCLUSIVE: Ajay Piramal believes that if banks won't lend to long-term projects, India will need to revive the likes of IDBI and IFCI
Apophis, the ‘God of Chaos’ asteroid is speeding up — increasing the likelihood of it hitting Earth in 2068
- PM's visit to vaccine centres gets 'praise' from Congress
- Pollution, pandemic and pre-term birth
- Serum Institute of India threatens to seek ₹100 crore in damages from Chennai volunteer
- PM to interact with more teams of Covid-19 vaccine developers
- UP to have cold chain space for 1.23L litres of vaccine