UP man defies lockdown to host party on son's birthday, booked
A case has been registered against the man, who is a trader, and some unidentified persons after a video of the event went viral on social media, they said.
The accused went ahead with his plan to host the party despite opposition from some residents of the residential complex. The video purportedly shows around 50 invitees socialising and having food from stalls set up outside the apartment located in a posh area of the city, a police official said.
All of them were booked under the Epidemic Diseases Act, Disaster Management Act, and IPC sections 188 (disobedience of order duly promulgated by public servant) and 269 (negligence leading to spread of infectious diseases), police said.
Circle Officer of Cantonment Police Station Sumit Shukla said, "The viral video of the birthday party was examined and found true, following which the FIR was registered against the trader and other unidentified persons for defying the lockdown."A resident of the housing complex said, "Despite opposition by residents of the apartment, he arranged for a cook to prepare meals for the party and requested all to attend the event. But most of the residents stayed away. Of the around 500 people in residential complex, about 60 attended the event." CORR ABN NSDNSD
- A boomer moved back to Virginia after living in Florida for a decade. She says she'll 'never own another home' in the Sunshine State and loves the slower pace of life.
- Satellite images reveal Egypt has been quietly building a 16-foot wall on its border with Gaza
- Congressman presses Elon Musk to provide SpaceX satellite services for US defense forces in Taiwan, report says
- The importance of multi-asset investing
- AirAsia looks to add tier-2 and tier -3 cities to its India route map
- Most Internet users avail of OTT services; 53% of them from rural areas: Report
- Companies to dole out 10% average salary hike this year, says survey
- Godrej Appliances expects 20% growth in AC, refrigerator sales in summer season