UP man defies lockdown to host party on son's birthday, booked
A case has been registered against the man, who is a trader, and some unidentified persons after a video of the event went viral on social media, they said.
The accused went ahead with his plan to host the party despite opposition from some residents of the residential complex. The video purportedly shows around 50 invitees socialising and having food from stalls set up outside the apartment located in a posh area of the city, a police official said.All of them were booked under the Epidemic Diseases Act, Disaster Management Act, and IPC sections 188 (disobedience of order duly promulgated by public servant) and 269 (negligence leading to spread of infectious diseases), police said.
- Earth's satellites, power grids and planes may have more time to prepare against the threat of solar flares
- These are India’s top 10 'most livable' cities, according to the government's Ease of Living Index 2020
- Flipkart is reportedly looking to list in US via a blank cheque firm
- Smartphone brand OPPO will launch new fitness band on March 9
- Ahead of its electric three-wheeler launch, EV startup Euler Motors raises ₹30 crore