WB breaches 10,000-mark with highest single-day spike of 476 COVID-19 cases; 9 more die
The death toll due to COVID-19 in the state rose to 451, with nine more people succumbing to the disease since Thursday evening, it said.
All nine of them died due to co-morbidities, and COVID-19 in these cases was "incidental", the department said in its bulletin.
The number of active cases in West Bengal currently stands at to 5,587.
At least 218 people were discharged from different hospitals in the state since Thursday, which took the total number of recoveries to 4,206.As many as 8,758 samples were examined since Thursday, taking the number of coronavirus tests conducted in the state thus far to 3,15,699, the bulletin added. SCH RMS TIR TIR
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- A Google engineer found out she had been laid off while she was on vacation when her boss sent her a LinkedIn message
- A laid-off Microsoft software engineer on an H1-B visa said she wonders 'where will I be living' with just 60 days to find a new job
- Laid-off Google employees are turning to a Discord server with nearly 18,000 members for emotional support and financial advice
- Twitter sued by advisory firm for not paying $1.9 mn as Musk deal fees
- Artist recycles e-waste from banks into 10-ft-tall statue
- Nine of top-10 firms add Rs 1.88 lakh cr in m-cap; ITC biggest gainer
- India biggest exporter of vaccines, mobile phones: Union Minister Thakur
- 'Waste to wonder' park coming up in Agra