Wedding postponed after two relatives of groom test COVID-19 positive in Patiala
The wedding was to be held at Ghuman Nagar in Patiala on Tuesday, they said.
Two of the five members of the groom's family contracted infection two days back, the officials said, adding that they had returned from Delhi on June 9.
The rest three were put under home quarantin, they said.
The groom, who was a "high-risk contact" of a positive patient, was also put under home quarantine, they said.
However, despite their two family members testing positive for the infection, the groom's side continued to insist on allowing them to hold the wedding, which was fixed for Tuesday, the officials said.
Patiala health authorities told them to postpone the wedding as their close contacts had tested positive."We told them that it is in their interest and they can wait for some more days to hold the marriage function," said a senior official of the health department said. CHS VSD KJ KJ
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- I was working toward a promotion at Amazon when my manager started emailing me about needing coaching. Now I'm worried about losing my job.
- Google's head of mental health and wellbeing was among the 12,000 workers laid off by the tech giant
- Mercedes-Benz says it has achieved Level 3 automation, which requires less driver input, surpassing the self-driving capabilities of Tesla and other major US automakers
- Big screen effect: Of French beards, marketing case studies & littered tourist spots
- Grit, tears, joy: Novak Djokovic claims his 10th Australian Open crown, moves closer to ending the GOAT debate
- Manu Kumar Jain departs from Xiaomi, nearly a decade after working for the Chinese smartphone maker
- L&T reports ₹2,553 crore Q3 net profit, sees boost from major private capex investments
- Tech Mahindra’s Q3 net profit slips 5.2% on year to ₹1,297 crore