Zomato adds Baba ka Dhaba on its platform – asks users to help get local restaurants listed
viral storyof Kanta Prasad and Badami Devi – an elderly couple in Delhi’s Malviya Nagar who struggled to make ends meet and broke down on camera – brought the whole internet to tears.
- And now, foodtech unicorn and restaurant aggregator
Zomatohas listed Baba ka Dhabaon its platform.
- Zomato also made a pitch at going ‘vocal for local’ by asking users to share and help many other such ‘baba ka dhabas’ get listed on the platform and go online.
AdvertisementThe viral story of Kanta Prasad and Badami Devi – an elderly couple in Delhi’s Malviya Nagar who struggled to make ends meet and broke down on camera – brought the whole internet to tears. But the power of social media prevailed, and scores of people lined up to buy food from the Baba ka Dhaba, turning their tears into happy smiles. .
And now, foodtech unicorn and restaurant aggregator Zomato has listed Baba ka Dhaba on its platform. Its executives are working with the elderly couple to sort out the food delivery logistics.
Not just that, Zomato also made a pitch at going ‘vocal for local’ by asking users to share and help many other such ‘baba ka dhabas’ get listed on the platform and go online.
UPDATE: baba ka dhaba is now listed on zomato and our team is working with the elderly couple there to enable food… https://t.co/WI1soLP4xI— zomato india (@ZomatoIN) 1602169682000
The couple, who are above eighty-years old, had seen their earnings go down to zero because of the coronavirus pandemic as people stayed home, and even now, if they do venture out, they avoid street food. Their story shared by a YouTuber on Instagram went viral almost instantly as a crowdsourced campaign – #Babakadhaba took over Twitter and was also one of the top trends on the platform.
After the overwhelming response on social media, people gathered at Prasad’s roadside eatery on Thursday. “People are giving us so much love, our lives have changed overnight,” he told IANS.
Indians are struggling with stress and anxiety – every two in five professionals are in distress
Baba ka Dhaba – elderly couple in Delhi’s Malviya Nagar say their lives changed overnight after their story went viral
Popular on BI
- A millennial who became a millionaire after the 2008 crash says building wealth is about more than opportunistic investing. You also have to make lifestyle changes and load up on side hustles.
- OnePlus Nord CE 3 leaks ahead of launch – specs, expected launch date and more
- A 53-year-old longevity researcher says his 'biological age' is a decade younger thanks to 4 daily habits — but the science behind them is mixed
- Learning AI can be lucrative: Freshers’ annual pay is ₹10-14 lakh in India, says TeamLease Digital report
- CoCo bonds fall sharply over Credit Suisse deal
- Date night conversations to diet charts – 10 things ChatGPT can help you with
- Gold is bankable, shines more than some western banks say experts
- Fear of financial crisis is keeping investors away from stock markets say experts