Indian MSMEs can now get a loan approved in just 59 minutes
- Prime Minister
Narendra Modieased the loan application process for micro, small and medium enterprises (MSMEs) by launching a ‘59-minute portal’ on Friday.
- The digital initiative will allow the owners of MSMEs to get approval for a loan in less than an hour instead of the 20-25 days that it took earlier.
- The pilot experiment of the project has already sanctioned 72,000 loan applications.
In order to energise businesses in this segment and provide the necessary capital, India’s Prime Minister, Narendra Modi, unveiled a digital platform which will prevent small enterprises from going through a lengthy procedure for credit requirements.
The launch of the 59-minute portal to support small
As of now, loans worth ₹230 billion have been approved through the digital portal.
MSME Support & Outreach programme will provide Small and Medium Enterprises easier availability of credit, access to markets and online loans up to ₹1 Crore in just 59 minutes#ModiWithMSME pic.twitter.com/RmQyoujHjt— PIB India (@PIB_India) November 2, 2018
So, how do you get your loan approved?
All the small enterprises which are registered under the GST policy are eligible for a loan by registering on the portal. Although, there is no fee for registration but ₹1,000 along with taxes are charged once the loan applicant finds a lender on the portal.
In order to apply for a loan the applicant has to submit a six month bank statement, e-KYC documents, income tax returns for the past three years, GST ID, and business owner’s details.
Small industries can avail a loan between ₹1 million to ₹10 million against an interest starting from 8%.
The Government of India has been taking initiatives to protect MSMEs in India which went through cash-crunch issue due to demonetisation and taxation reforms.The outreach program is supposed to run for next 100 years aiming to cover each and every corner of India.
- PSU bank stocks on a high with room to play
- Pixel 8 launch on Oct 4 – From camera to design specifications, what we know so far
- Home loan tax deductions: Self-occupied vs rented, the differences
- India heads to ICC Cricket World Cup as No. 1 ODI side in ranking
- Sidharth Malhotra to Varun Dhawan, celebs wish newlyweds Parineeti Chopra, Raghav Chadha